Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wet start for the first day of Jerez test session.

Final official 2013 pre-season test held in Jerez de la Frontera marked by bad weather.
Heavy rain ruins the first part of the day, a brief weather improvement in the early afternoon allows Andrea Iannone to complete 27 laps with a best time of 1:48.948 and 18 laps for Ben Spies recording his fastest on lap 18th.
Positive first of three-day for Andrea (Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team) with his 4th place in the rank, and also for Ben Spies (Ignite Pramac Racing Team) who is getting acquainted with the bike after last year crash in Sepang.

Andrea Iannone – Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team
"I think we did a good job today, I have been able to try a little things to understand the electronics with these weather conditions, and also the differences between MotoGP and my old category. The bike and the tires have a lot of grip that I did not expect. I have a great feeling with the team and I am very happy. Today is just the first of three days and we hope in a dry track tomorrow in order to try more stuff on it."

Ben Spies – Ignite Pramac Racing Team
“First time for me on the bike in the rain and first time in the rain since I crashed but I just want to get back into it. Today was the first of three days and we didn’t want to do anything too crazy, tomorrow more or less we will have rain again so I will have more time with these weather conditions and we do need it to get used to the bike. I stopped a little early also because the track was starting to dry and it was kind of in between rain and dry. I think we did a good job today and we will see what the weather does tomorrow.

Translated from the Italian.

All text and images remain copyright of Pramac Racing Press.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
day 2

Challenging day for Pramac Racing Team.

The second day of action at Jerez got underway at 2.00 p.m. due to the track conditions following yesterday’s rainfall.
It was a positive start for the team with Andrea immediately setting a good time to move into 5th place in the timesheets. Unfortunately, on lap 15 he was victim to an unexpected but harmless crash that forced him to interrupt the testing day.
Ben instead managed to keep a constant pace aiming to collect useful data for the Championship.
Late in the afternoon a brief rain shower came down and all the MotoGP riders came back into the pits.
Tomorrow sees the last day of testing to finalize the set-up before the season gets underway.

Andrea Iannone - Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team
"It was a positive day despite the crash that forced me to stop. I was able to have a good feeling with the bike and get some good impressions. I'm sorry for the fall but I was trying to improve my pace and unfortunately these things can happen. I am very positive and I hope to be fast as soon as possible. "

Ben Spies - Ignite Pramac Racing Team
“We didn’t have a great day, but now we know a little more about the bike and we improved quite a bit even with my shoulder problem. I am happy because it feels better and better. We know we are a bit slower than where we wanted to be, but I had some good laps, we worked hard and we have got some changes to do tomorrow to get more confidence with the bike.”

translated from the Italian.

All text and images remain copyright: Pramac Racing.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Day 3

Final 2013 IRTA-organized test session affected by bad weather.

This final testing session started off wet with heavy rainfall followed by short sunny periods and a series of showers not strong enough to soak the circuit but not spaced out enough to allow the asphalt to dry.
The team and the riders did not consider it relevant to test during the limited amount of time available in the early morning of this last day of testing before the season gets underway under floodlights in Qatar on April 7th. Very few changes would have been crucial for the data collected during the previous days.
The track conditions improved almost one hour and thirty minutes before the end of the pre-season testing session allowing Andrea Iannone to jump on his Desmosedici clocking a time of 1.40.840 on lap 18, which placed him in 6th place first of Ducati’s riders.
Ben instead preferred to preserve his shoulder without taking risks which could compromise the full recovery in order to get to the first race of the season in the best physical condition possible.

Andrea Iannone – Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team
"I am satisfied with the work we are doing. I think that in this circuit our bike can be competitive. I felt much better than in the Sepang test and I found out a few different solutions compared to the first 2012 test. Anyway my goal is to learn more and more and to be as fast as possible."

translated from the Italian

All text and images remain copyright: Pramac Racing

So, yeah. I forgot, I have press access to Pramac too. Thought you'd like the pretty pictures ;)

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Thanks again Zoot. Good info and pics to help us get through our racing deprivation.

Hopefully these two can do something with the Ducati. A lot of lost ground to make up.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem Pat. I'll do my best to put up the press releases after each round ( I'll do world superbike too for the corse team ). Some weekends might be delayed if they clash with my race weekends at BSB or world superbike.

The media centre wi-fi is usually painfully slow, and given that the press images are huge and need to all be resized before posting it's just something I prefer to do from my home. And I'm not usually home from racing until some time Monday afternoon/evening. And then I need a shower and a beer before anything else ;)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Iannone ROCKS! He is riding the wheels off currently.

Really excited to see the season!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts