Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hate videopass? Drawbacks?
Does anyone stream it thru their PS3?

This is the worst time of year here in the US - Racing is finished (MotoGP, WSBK, Indy, and F1 winding down) bike is on stands and no baseball! NBA and NFL are miserable to watch so thinking about getting the videopass for MotoGP and after reading a lot of comments it seems totally worth it. Especially since Time Warner failed to show a few GP races even though they had Moto 3 and 2 on.
At least over the winter I can get a little fix even though I can't ride.
Thanks for any information guys!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Totally worth it. I don't even have cable, but I have the Videopasses for both GP and WSBK. That's all I need! :D

You can stream it through whatever has a web browser.

Reactions: Tchase and racer162

·
Registered
55 Posts
I gave up cable 5 or so years ago and have had MotoGp and WSBK for the last 3, totally worth it! MotoGp has archives so you can watch seasons from the past along with their Off Season Show, it's great! I also have a season pass for NHL, I see you're not football or basketball fan, neither am I but hockey is a great team sport to watch in between races.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great information!
I will wait till Black Friday-ish just to see if a discount comes along.
Thanks so much for all you feedback.
keep ridin!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Anybody actually heard how much the MotoGP pass will be for 2016?? I'm seeing reports of it being 200Euro for the season. WSBK come in at 99Euro for the season.

I just renewed a couple of weeks ago and I believe it was 99 EUR... I get the package without mult-screen; I believe that one was advertised as 139 EUR...

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I have mine set to auto-renew as well. 99 euros for the GP pass and 69 euros for the WSBK one. Considering the euro is low now (or dollar is high), that comes out to be about $16/month...considering I watch all races, qualifying sessions, sometimes practices and a lot of the other videos they have, like interviews, conferences, etc....I think it's worth the cost. And it saves me like $60-$100/month on paying for cable which I wouldn't use much anyway.

Reactions: mcriswell

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Nice thing is both the video passes have a "no spoiler" link. So I just saved each link in my browser tabs so I when I click on it I don't have to worry about seeing all the stuff on their home pages, and accidentally see who won the races or other stuff like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too have both my links for MotoGp and WSBK set for the no spoiler page. I have also learned to not look at ANY motorcycle forums leading up to a race weekend on Thursday (I'm in the central time zone US) until I've watched all the action myself. I enjoy all and am kinda bummed that WSBK has dropped the 600cc SuperStock class. I'm hoping that MotoAmerica will find a way to offer a subscription service soon! I watched as much as I could this year but like any normal person, I'm not able to plant myself in front of a TV on weekend days as I'm either doing track days or spending time with my family. Lucky for me, my wife is also a huge fan of motorcycle racing and we watch all of the races together at our leisure!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Have you ever tried to watch it on TV? It's so shitty. At least in the states. They cut to commercial 3 times in a 25-30 lap race. It was a joke. Rubbing my hands together for black friday. It's about $150 for off-season and 2016 season multiscreen right now. $107 non multiscreen. I probably should have left mine on auto renew.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I don't see why it would be cheaper on black friday. That's a US holiday/tradition. Why would Dorna care about that??? The only time in the last few years that I've seen the prices go down is during the seasons. At some point in the season it drops to 75% of the price, then later on to 50% if I remember well, and towards the end drops even more, but at that point why even bother??

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
I don't see why it would be cheaper on black friday. That's a US holiday/tradition. Why would Dorna care about that??? The only time in the last few years that I've seen the prices go down is during the seasons. At some point in the season it drops to 75% of the price, then later on to 50% if I remember well, and towards the end drops even more, but at that point why even bother??
Merica they better care :cross:

Reactions: mcriswell

·
Registered
564 Posts
Have you ever tried to watch it on TV? It's so shitty. At least in the states. They cut to commercial 3 times in a 25-30 lap race. It was a joke. Rubbing my hands together for black friday. It's about $150 for off-season and 2016 season multiscreen right now. $107 non multiscreen. I probably should have left mine on auto renew.

Sorry to hear that. I have the video pass but they also air live here in Japan and NEVER cut to commercial during the race. Between classes but not race time.
I use to live in the states.
That just goes to show they care more about the money than the viewing pleasure of the public.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I didn't fabricate that statement. It was something crazy like 30-50% off on black friday. I don't remember the exact amount.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.