1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!

On a side note,

Thursday, 9 October 2014
Following Cal Crutchlow’s podium at Aragon last time out, Mike Webb, Race Director of the MotoGP™ World Championship, has clarified the situation regarding concessions relating to fuel, tyres and engines for the Ducati Team.

The Italian manufacturer this season benefit from access to extra soft tryes, a 24 litre fuel limit and use of up to 12 engines per rider, under the Factory Option rules relating to premier class entries who have not achieved a race win in dry conditions during the 2013 season. The concessions would also apply to a new Motorcycle Manufacturer entering the Championship for the first time since the 2013 season, which will be the case for Suzuki in 2015.
The tyre and fuel concessions can be reduced according to race wins and podiums achieved in dry conditions. Ducati have this year achieved one podium in the dry at Austin with Andrea Dovizioso and another in the wet at Assen, also achieved by Dovizioso. Crutchlow’s Aragon podium also came in wet conditions, although the race was originally declared dry.
Speaking to motogp.com in the paddock on Thursday afternoon ahead of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, Webb commented, “We are talking about Ducati now but the way the rule is written it is any manufacturer who hasn’t achieved a dry win during the 2013 season and it applies to new manufacturers coming in, so we are talking about Suzuki coming next year, other manufacturers, not only Ducati.”
“The agreement that was reached with the concessions they have on tyres, fuel and the number of engines, is slightly different in each case. For the tyres with the extra soft tyre allocation they need to have three dry race wins and then that concession disappears. On fuel they get 24 litres, which would drop to 22 litres if they achieve either one race win, two second positions or any three podiums and we are talking about any rider riding a Ducati, any combination of riders achieving that total, and then Ducati lose that concession.”
Webb continued, referring to Crutchlow’s Aragon result, “For the purposes of the regulation we are talking about it’s wet. So Ducati have achieved one dry podium so far, which was Texas. I declare a race wet or dry at the beginning because it affects how the teams set their bikes up, knowing whether they are going to be able to use the spare bike or not. When conditions change during a race in MotoGP with the white flag I can tell them conditions have now changed which is what happened at Aragon and they are allowed to use the spare bike.”
“The way the concessions rule is written about tyres, fuel and so on for Ducati and the other manufacturers says that it applies to results achieved in dry conditions. So it is a little bit different to the race being declared dry at the start. The podium in Aragon was very clearly not achieved in dry conditions.”
Regarding engine limits throughout the season, Webb clarified, “In our agreement at the beginning of all of this, when we agreed with the MSMA, what the concessions would be and how they would be limited, there was no limit placed on the engines. For manufacturers without a dry win in 2013 the number of engines is 12 and that concession stays until the end of 2015.”

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and this......

Rivals on Marquez’s challenge to clinch the title

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Ahead of this weekend’s racing at Motegi, where Marc Marquez has his first chance to clinch the 2014 MotoGP™ title, his rivals Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo have given their thoughts on how the young Repsol Honda rider will handle the situation.

World Champion Marquez has a 75-point advantage at the head of the standings with four races remaining. If he beats his teammate Dani Pedrosa on Sunday – and avoids losing more than three points to Rossi and no more than 15 points to Lorenzo he will retain the premier class title.

Marquez said in Thursday’s press conference at Motegi that he does not feel nervous about having the chance to wrap up the championship at Honda’s home race and that he will approach round 15 as a normal race weekend.

To this Rossi responded, “I think it is the right choice because he built a big advantage at the beginning of the championship and now he can decide to ride at 100% always. That takes the pressures away from the other part. We have four races left and Marc wants to try to win the championship as soon as possible but it’s not the final game. It is just the first match point.”

The Italian Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider added, “For me and for us three (Rossi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa), we have to just try to finish in front of him. We know that on Sunday if we get there behind him the championship will be over and we want to try keep it ‘open’ for another weekend.”

Lorenzo added, “If I was him I don’t know how I would manage it because I think I’ve never had such a big difference on points. But I always try to ride the same way. I try to ride on my limit but not go past it. So obviously if you have such a big difference on points you can have less pressure than if you lead by 10 or 15 points. So, I don’t think he will be nervous.”

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and for the sideline,.......

Hayden pleased with performance on return to racing

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Nicky Hayden finished ninth at Aragon, riding at a good level in his return race, whilst his colleague Hiroshi Aoyama got his best result of the year in eighth.

In addition to experience, one of the key strengths of DRIVE M7 Aspar rider Hayden is his response to adversity. His weekend’s work at Aragon was marked by constant progress, without discomfort in his wrist, as he returned to racing for the first time since Sachsenring in July.

The 2006 World Champion managed started the Aragon race with determination and played his cards well, changing bikes just in time on the 17th lap and pushing to the end to achieve ninth, his second best result of the year after his eighth achieved in Qatar.

Hayden commented, “With the changing conditions it was quite hard. Even early on the track we were sliding and after ten laps the rain started getting stronger. This circuit is quite long, has many ups and downs and some blind corners, even on the straights the visibility was limited, it was difficult to find the braking markers. Still we managed a fairly positive result, but we must also consider that many riders crashed.”

“We lost some positions when it started to rain and with the change of bike. We managed to finish the race, when three months ago I had to stop competing and I had to rebuild my wrist, so ninth position is great for us. I am happy to be back racing and competitive again. I hope to recover more, to race better in Motegi. I want to thank the team for all the work they have done for me.”

On the other side of the DRIVE M7 Aspar box, Aoyama also used his experience to survive in the hectic conditions. With the arrival of the rain, the Japanese rider went into the garage a lap after his teammate and also showed his best form on the wet asphalt. He finished in eighth, his best result of the season.

“We opted for the harder tyre and at first we suffered, hoping to maintain a steady pace in the early laps but it proved difficult,” said Aoyama. “But we were able to cope and stay in the group, and as the laps went by I started to have more grip and gain positions. I had a good feeling and I fought with Hernandez and Redding. Then it started to rain and I had doubts about the best time to change bikes. I've tried to stay as long as possible on slicks.”

“After changing the bike, the sensation in the wet was also good and I was able to keep my position. I am very happy to have finished eighth in Spain, in a very important race for my team. The team worked perfectly all weekend and we have been competitive in each session. Now I go into the race in Japan at home with high expectations.”

·
Administrator
2,888 Posts
Just saw that the biggest hurricane of the year is expected to hit Japan this weekend. Like the F1 race last week hadn't seen enough...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Just saw that the biggest hurricane of the year is expected to hit Japan this weekend. Like the F1 race last week hadn't seen enough...
Nothing on the radar so far… been checking! I want a dry race, none of this wet nonsense like last time. That F1 race was unbelievable, not in that it was a good race, but in what happened. For sure worth checking out! :)

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started this thread. Wera has instructed you, Purcell to stay off my threads, of which you agreed. Please leave and start your own

·
Administrator
2,888 Posts
:conveyer::banghead:

Dude....I don't think there's a soul here that will respect your "ownership" of all discussions related to the Motul Grand Prix of Japan 2014 ® ™ ©Bob.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was your directive Neil.

·
Administrator
2,888 Posts
It was my desperation request. I don't see how you can expect to exclude anyone from this particular discussion. As I've pointed out, none of the above listed marks of declaration have been properly filed with the appropriate registration entities; nor have they been approved. :popcorn:

Meanwhile, you have managed to derail your own thread on the basis of one post. Bravo. :yo::shitfan:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Just watched the press conference.

They discussed a few interesting things about Bianchi's crash and removing the fake grass on the outside of the corners in the breaking zone at Aragon.

Also, the Suzuki lineup has finally been announced! Vinales and Aliex Esparagro. They're both very excited after having such a great Aragon race.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Not a big fan of Motegi...but the nice part about it is that I get to see the race on Saturday due to the large time difference! :D

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I like Dovi, he did a great job in FP2 on the supersoft rear, about 4 tenths quicker then Lorenzo on the medium rear and hard front. Marc's get-off in FP1 was pretty interesting, well worth watching if you have a subscription.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Ducati in pole position for the first time in 4 years!!! And a new record at Motegi as well! Looking forward to the race tomorrow!

Marquez seems to be struggling a bit. Rossi seems to be doing well. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Dovi did a great job with a tire which is 1 second per lap faster on the Duc. So imagine if Marc, Dani, Jorge or Rossi had it... They'd be probably 1 second faster. Dovi had good race pace on his medium but he admits he will struggle to get on the podium in the dry. In the wet he could easily win, it's a track he really goes well at and had show it time and time again.

Good on Dovi! It was nice to see him best everyone by a fair margin and show they are finally making a tiny bit of progress. Race is tomorrow though so can't get too excited.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Well, I am getting pretty excited...
Marc looked good in warm ups.. But I still think that Jorge will be there in the end..
Add a nice battle between Marc and Rossi..
A battle between Pedrosa and Dovi..
And I will be happy.

Moto3 should be a good one too..
Beers are on ice.. Feet are up.. And the men have taken over the room. Sorry ladies, this Saturday Night we are staying in.

Shiny side up boys.. I want battles..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Damn... DAMN!
Now that, was a race... Now it's time for the Rabat show..

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Last lap of a Moto 3 race is always exciting! Miller got a bit too excited there at the end of the back straight and outbraked himself....little Marquez ran a great race!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yep... Can we start spoilers?
I think that Kent was the catalyst.. Out brakes himself. Then Miller realized all too late that he shouldn't have been trying to outbreaks Kent.. Whoopsie.. The Moto3 race @ P.I. should be fantastic.. Tough day for Rins.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts