Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A question. I have a 2005 St4s ABS and i am trying to mount paniers. The problem i have is that the panier holders fit, i can attach the muffler to the panier holder but i can't attach the the foot peg holder to the panier holder. Do i need to do any changes to the holders. See picture. Everything on the bike is still original! I hope that someone can help me out. I am living North of Brisbane(Australia)Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Make sure you put a spacer in here, or the exhaust mount will hit the swingarm when you drive over a bump.

I put a bigger spacer than that in there eventually. Sorry no pic of it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently got a 2005 ST3 with a similar problem.The previous owner had not attached the bracket back onto the footrest.
The issue seems to be there is very limited clearence in the fitting process.
I took the brackets off,loosened the brackets on the exhaust cans and the footrests and fitted it back on by just starting each bolt then doing each bolt up a little at a time,it does not tolerate being out of line even a milimeter,so everything is very snug when done up.Putting the rubber grommets into the holes where the brackets bolt on was a mission also,had to leave it all loose,then fit the grommets a little at a time as well as doing up the bolts and keeping it all in line,all looks good and feels a lot more solid when finished.Hope this helps.Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts