Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quite sorry, it seems you guys are saturated in questions like this. But i was wondering if it would seem reasonible to move up to a SF848 with my history of riding. I have been riding for a little over a year now, starting on a 250 and moving up to a nc700sa. I have around 4500km under my belt with no accidents, besides a dumb u turn and laying the 250 down. I have read twist of the wrist 2 and have been working applying it to my riding (particularly throttle control and form). annnyyywayyys too much of a jump?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Nope, you'll be just fine. As long as you dont get too excited and outride your riding skills

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the long delay. only a few more weeks before I get home from a long season of working, and with everyday I am getting more and more excited about this machine. now my only reserve is this "fueling issue" below 4k revs causing flat spots and surging. I don't plan on much town riding at all on it, so would it be a non issue? or?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just realize your limitations and keep within those and you'll be fine. Bikes will only go as fast as you tell them to.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
It's a hooligan bike for sure so don't be tempted to wheelie/outride your skills and you should be fine. It's a far superior street bike to the 848 superbike, which I have. IMO it's easier to ride and a lot more fun on public roads.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Before you get rid of the 250 find a riding school. You will learn a lot and it won't be at the expense of the duc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is also a control on the streetfighter (DTC????). Anyway set it to the highest setting 8 until you are comfortable at that limit. It limits the rear tire from spinning out. I am picking mine up Tuesday and even though I ride a Harley 103 cubic inch bike, I a plan on starting at setting 7 and slowly moving to higher performance settings. I need to get used to this bikes attributes as they are very different from my Harley

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
even though I ride a Harley 103 cubic inch bike, I a plan on starting at setting 7 and slowly moving to higher performance settings. I need to get used to this bikes attributes as they are very different from my Harley
Yup, like 2x the horsepower and half the weight. At least you realize this going in, unlike a lot of people who ride Harleys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup, like 2x the horsepower and half the weight. At least you realize this going in, unlike a lot of people who ride Harleys.
Don't dis my Harley.:) I have new intake and exhaust system along with new cams. Pushes 100HP now, but unlike the streetfighter the Harley peaks at 4500 rpm and does weigh 750 lbs. A lot of fun also. Just different.

When I got on the streetfighter I could not take the smile off my face. Did not realize I was going 95 until I looked at speedometer. Yee-ha

My Harley

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Until 2 weeks ago I had a 1200 with intake, exhaust, and electronic fuel mapping. It was OK until about 70mph and then the weight/power curve/gearing pretty much killed anything resembling a top end. Good back road cruiser though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts