Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,
There was a grount like noise and some vibration coming feom my rear wheel, I thought it might be the bearing so I brought the bike to the service. Unfortunately I was right and the bearing was gone. Easy thing to get it change right ? NO, it costs 650$ because you can not change the bearing alone. You need to pay for the bearing as well.
Does anyone know a way to work around this ? Any aftermarket solutions ? Thank you...

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Unfortunately this is a crazy decision by the manufacturer to disallow replacement of individual parts. And having done the job (and MANY miles since) I can assure you it is bullshit.

There are two different bearings in there, if it is similar to the 1X98 rear eccentric, and one is a 'special'. Which means it is rather hard to get. The bearing manufacturer will only sell them in batches of 25, and (in Australia) it is worth about $200 for one from memory!

I went through this when I replaced my stock swing-arm with the RAM magnesium parts, and was reluctant to put used bearings into the new eccentric. Fortunately my bearing company went to great lengths to find someone in the UK who had bought the x 25, and was selling them individually.

The MTS bearings may not be identical, but the problem is likely the same. So take the 'difficult' bearing - the one with one outer race and two inners - to your bearing company and tell them my experience, and see how you go.

The open roller bearing isn't hard to source. (I have the bearing numbers for the 1X98 if anyone is seeking to replace them without first stripping their bike). The MTS may be similar - not sure.

But, even as a diehard Ducati fan of over 40 years standing, I'm calling bullshit on this one. Bad idea Ducati!

:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.