Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the Multistrada for a spin yesterday at Ducati's Experience Tour in Los Angeles. During the seminar, they said that the Diavel has a max lean angle of 41 degrees (you had the option of riding the Multistrada or the Diavel). Does anyone know the max lean angles of the Multistrada and 1198? I asked the guy speaking, but he didn't know.

I have a 1098 and am considering converting it to track only and buying the multi for regular riding. I loved the engine, but am a little unsure about the riding position. Definitely more comfortable, but would still like to be able to put down a knee every once in a while for giggles. Not sure if I'd be dragging hardware and didn't get a chance to ride it aggressively enough to find out.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry I don't have a specific numbers for max lean angle but I am assuming you are talking about how far you can lean before you scrape the pegs. One thought I had was the role that sticky tires play in lean angle and if you move the pegs out of the you can keep leaning with proper rubber. I do know that the Diavel has plenty on lean angle even for track days. I would suspect that the multi will do just fine as well for your described purpose.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What you talking about Oleary.
I've got the same bike but I have installed SpeedyMoto frame and axle sliders. I have the same on my S4Rs too.

I race a 600 Gixxer and occassionly take the S4Rs out on track daze - but haven't tried the MTS on the track yet - it looks like a hoot!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Black with gold forged wheels looks awesome!

Attachments

Reactions: Motovation

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree! Those wheels look badass, have the same multi in black and want to paint mine too. Can you post a clearer pic of the wheels along with the bike?:yo:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The lean angle depends on the riders attitude on the day .it can vary . But the multi can tip in and have a bigger lean angle than diavel .the multi is in my opinion a total riders bike .:yo:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I do know that the Diavel has plenty on lean angle even for track days.
Actually, the Diavel scrapes pegs and even header with the stock (fully soft) suspension settings. The aftermarket Ohlins rear shock raises the ride height a bit, but a lot of guys on the Diavel forum have scraped header mid-turn over bumps. However, even with the occasional scrapes, the Diavel doesn't have much trouble keeping up with most bikes on the road and track with the right pilot.

I've got a 1098 and will probably be relegating it to mostly track duty as well. The Diavel just does daily driving and weekend canyon carving so ridiculously well that I don't feel the need to be hunched over in a race position every day on the 1098 during my commute to work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lean angle will vary on the tires, your experience, and rearset position on a supersport. So on your 1X98 you should be able to get 50+ degrees easy with some nice 200 rear race slicks (really about 196). You also have to consider rake and wheelbase when turning comes in to play. You will really notice these things at the track.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts