Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my neighbor who has an Evo had told me once that he found a red seat cowl for my S2R and that I could have it. Now I'm debating on either paint or wrapping. The question is the following: I'm looking to although red is the Ducati way I like to be different and want to go in the tricolor direction. Has anyone ever wrapped a tank with a single piece successfully?

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Ok so my neighbor who has an Evo had told me once that he found a red seat cowl for my S2R and that I could have it. Now I'm debating on either paint or wrapping. The question is the following: I'm looking to although red is the Ducati way I like to be different and want to go in the tricolor direction. Has anyone ever wrapped a tank with a single piece successfully?

don't know about wrapping. My friend has had a bad experience with it. He had a small cut on a fender and it just peeled and bubbled slowly. looked like bad skin cancer after awhile! Matte red with a glossy white stripe would be cool and different. Plus it would be subtle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't know about wrapping. My friend has had a bad experience with it. He had a small cut on a fender and it just peeled and bubbled slowly. looked like bad skin cancer after awhile! Matte red with a glossy white stripe would be cool and different. Plus it would be subtle.
That does sound pretty sweet, I was thinking the white matte white Ducati likes to use along with some tricolor scheme but...matte red huh...hmm

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is only one wrapping shop in my town that can wrap a fuel tank with single piece. I wrap clear oracal wrap on my tank, turned out dissapointing, but my friend got his perfect..
So there's hope! The tricky part I see on the tank is the key wedge. I kinda could see in my mind how I would do it but even then is still looks like a mission hahaha!

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
That does sound pretty sweet, I was thinking the white matte white Ducati likes to use along with some tricolor scheme but...matte red huh...hmm
My 1098 began life yellow, I swapped the fairings for a cheap chinese Bayliss replica fairings. I currently have pearl white with red decals. The cheap stuff isn't too bad. I buy them and get them prep them myself, and then get them clear coated by local shops. Saves me a few bucks, plus I get to customize them the way I like.

If you want to go all out the M994SS in this forum is pretty damn nice!

http://www.ducati.org/forums/ducati-discussion/67366-m944ss-build.html

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 1098 began life yellow, I swapped the fairings for a cheap chinese Bayliss replica fairings. I currently have pearl white with red decals. The cheap stuff isn't too bad. I buy them and get them prep them myself, and then get them clear coated by local shops. Saves me a few bucks, plus I get to customize them the way I like.

If you want to go all out the M994SS in this forum is pretty damn nice!

http://www.ducati.org/forums/ducati-discussion/67366-m944ss-build.html
Yeah that's one sweet looking machine, my color of choice is blue and the gun metal color from the S4R. Then after that has been the pearl white and tricolor. Hmmm...maybe I will just try something totally different with these spare parts...time to find a tank as well I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.