Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
Ok so my neighbor who has an Evo had told me once that he found a red seat cowl for my S2R and that I could have it. Now I'm debating on either paint or wrapping. The question is the following: I'm looking to although red is the Ducati way I like to be different and want to go in the tricolor direction. Has anyone ever wrapped a tank with a single piece successfully?

don't know about wrapping. My friend has had a bad experience with it. He had a small cut on a fender and it just peeled and bubbled slowly. looked like bad skin cancer after awhile! Matte red with a glossy white stripe would be cool and different. Plus it would be subtle.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
That does sound pretty sweet, I was thinking the white matte white Ducati likes to use along with some tricolor scheme but...matte red huh...hmm
My 1098 began life yellow, I swapped the fairings for a cheap chinese Bayliss replica fairings. I currently have pearl white with red decals. The cheap stuff isn't too bad. I buy them and get them prep them myself, and then get them clear coated by local shops. Saves me a few bucks, plus I get to customize them the way I like.

If you want to go all out the M994SS in this forum is pretty damn nice!

http://www.ducati.org/forums/ducati-discussion/67366-m944ss-build.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.