Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! As this is my first post on this fab forum, can anybody assist me in confirming that any Multistrada (namely 1000-1100) makes a fair to great daily commuter around city traffic and heavy freeway traffic?
I'm due to sell my 05 749S for a newby 1100S soon. In fact I have to sell 2 bikes because I'm advised to "consolidate" :wtf:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've put about 1000 miles on a new 1100s with full termi pipes and a few other carbon bits added. It's a great bike, very comfortable and runs nice. The tank is plastic so you can't use a magnetic bag for the tank. I bought the Ducati Performance saddle bags and they are fine but a pain to put on the bike. Good luck trying to do any work that requires the seat and tank to be removed. It's all one piece and it is a major hassle to remove it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lboyd,
do you mean the DP hard cases? And, is the clutch an ATPC type or a standard wet one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the soft side cases and the 1100 comes with a wet clutch. Does seem to reduce clutch pull a bit, but eliminates your ability to add some trick open clutch covers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jack of all trades.

Bought my 1000MTS about two years ago. Nothing but grins. This bike does everything very well and has been very reliable. I believe the 07's are even better in this respect. I've had a couple of track days and it has more than enough power to keep up with, and in some cases leave behind, other superbikes. The styling is very subjective but is certainly grows on you. All in all I think you will be very happy with it. The 07' tweaks (‘wet’ clutch-new maintenance program) only make it better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Multiss,hi evrerybody, I had a great experience with my Multi 1000. I bought it 3 years ago and after 37000 kilometers of Alps' roads and foggy Milan suburbs without any problem, I sold it a month ago to buy a new 1098. If I had had enough money I'd keep it. You won't regret.
Ciao

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks,
it's done. I've ordered a 07 1100S in Red, told they go faster! Extras are hard panniers, heated grips, carbon rear hugger, seat cowl and centre stand. Picking it up in 2 weeks time. Can't wait. Hope to take it out ASAP and run it in over a weekend!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not saying how I know, but I can ride a Multi 1100S almost as fast as I can my R6 in the twisties while being much more comfortable. The bike handles GREAT and no one believes me. Why do you think soooooo many Italians own and adore them? Oh, it will out run the Hyper on top end as well. The bike is great. A friend and I took a multi and hyper out the other day for some "test" riding. I finally got him to try the Multi and he didn't want to get off the thing. He finally saw what I raved about so long. It's somewhat a versatile bike, no it's not going to offroad like a BMW or KTM, but it can scratch the corners like crazy. Throw some different rear sets on and you can embarrass some "wannabes" on crotch rockets at the track too. The bike is comfortable and easy to ride both fast and slow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi multi guys/galz?I'm a 1098 rider but am looking for another bike to get the babe on the back and go 2 up and both enjoy sum mild touring around west aussie.Have heard sum good stuff on the multi 1100s.Can you give me sum feed-back please.Panniers-hard or soft?accessiores? extras and add ons? Suspension mods for 2?pipes? anything you no about this hot lookin machine would be appreciated.Thankx

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
My multi has a full Zard system, with DP race ECU, opened airbox, Hypermotard race cams, PVM rims, Diablo Rosso tyres, forks have lighter weight oil, and suspension set up by my Ducati tech... also have the Hard Panniers and a top box which altogther will carry a fair bit of stuff including a pillion..great machine that will easily do 7-800klm a day and you won't feel like you've been in the boxing ring after...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
OZ I was wondering how long it was going to take you to chime in.

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
said it before, will say it again.. I LOVE MY MULTI... took it to the track yesterday, ran it in the first sessions... tally was...2 x 1098's & a 999 around the outside of turn 1 at eastern creek... :smoking:

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
thankx oz ducati.I am gettin the feelin -just like you said.ya luvin' that multi.am test riding 1 this sat at frasers wifthe gal on board.itz a 2007. S model wif 2,500klm's up for 18k$...what you think

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The more I hear of you guys talking about multis the more I want one. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
Tools are not allowed to own them Cheese, sorry, but we have to report all tools to Ducati..until you redeem yourself to my good mate south aus, then you're on the blacklist... :smoking:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts