Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

My name is Julian, I am from Switzerland, 33y old and riding bikes since 10 years.

I am quiet active in the German Multistrada Forum:

Multistrada.eu - DAS Ducati Multistrada-Forum

My father is riding a S Multistrada 13 with Termignoni Pipes
My girlfriend is riding a S Multistrada 11 with Akra Pipes

And myself I was riding the Multi PP12 with the fantastic Quat Pipes, chip tuning and other goodies =)... On the attached pictures you will see the goodies... By the end of the last year I sold the bike and I just got two weeks ago my 15er Multi.

The now one is amazing! Engine, Breaks, Electronic, Handling and the sound! I have done so far 650km with the new one and looking forward to ride much more =)

As we are living in an Multimediaworld I want to share with you some impressions to proof to you guys that I am living in a Multistrada paradise =)... All pictuers were taken 60km around my home.

I also have a Youtube channel (not the professional way) but I have some very nice videos on it... some examples:

Videos with the New 15 Multi will follow.

And here some pictures from our 2014 tour in Korsika and Sardegna... 2 weeks traveling on the Multi:

https://plus.google.com/photos/102513135098581440664/albums/6023603741910687809?banner=pwa

Looking forward to read and write a lot in this forum.

Big hello to the big Ducati world from Switzerland

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Julian some great photos ,looks like a awesome place to live and ride. Here in Australia first del of the new DVT MTS due in May and my dealer just told me that my multi is only 3 - 4 weeks away so its good to read that you are happy with yours. I'm interested what you think is the best improvement over the older PP this will be my first Ducati but i spent some time on a MTS 12 and loved it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Duc, thank you

sorry to hear that you are still waiting for the new multistrada. its worth waiting for it because the bike is amazing!!!

What I love most is the engine and the sound.... the sound has improved soooo much, is soo much deeper and stronger, love it!! once you acelerate strong you really hear the power of the engine, and that with the original pipes! i am still wating for quat to produce their pipes.

the engine is incredible, power is very stable, its a rocket!!!! and even when you drive in the city you can use the 4th gear but not for acelerating strong.

breaks are excellent, but they were already on the older models as the 12 multi. handling I have the impression that its a bit lighter, difficult to say.... the new multi is not a complete other world, it has still a lot of similarities.

What I liked less is the sit position, I am 185cm tall... on the old I was more in the bike, the position was fixed, with the new seat I slide back and forward, difficult to find a proppoer position.

I do not like so much the cockpit.. I love the Display but around it looks cheaper than o the old one and I am missing the little boxes we had on the old.

The light is impressive at night!! I just tried it once but I dont really care as I am a sunny and no rain rider =)

the blueetoothconnection to mobile and headphones works very well!

So in general very happy with the new bike!!

attached a picture from yesterday...

in the coming weeks I will do a lot of tuning on the bike and paint it dark grey ;)... pictures will follow here and or on my YB link.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Julian i'm also 185cm tall and was a bit worried when i read that the new MTS 15 had a lower seat i really liked the setup on the 12 but from your photos and now i know that we are the same height the lower seat don't look that bad. Great to hear that its sounds so good with with the std pipe may save me from putting on a full system $3K + , i might get away with just a slip on $1 K to get that Ducati sound i love. look forward to seeing what you have install for the new ride Marty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat

Hey Duc, yes it is a bit lower, its ok but I also liked very much the position of the old one. My seat is in the highest position, I could lower it if needed.

Yes the sound is amazing! I could bet that it would sound less than the "old" one but it doesn't.

The Akra Slipons looks great but the Sound is the same... As I wrote above, my father has the Termi installed and my girlfriend the Akra slipon.. the difference to the original is marginal... the slipons are only about cosmetics.

I warmy recommend to install the Quat-D Pipes, check my videos on youtube, you will hear it... that is a great sound!!! The bike will lose around 7kg, the whole shit on the pipes below the bike disappears and you get around 8 hoursepower more,, but the best ist the sound.

The pipes are expensive but worth it! I will order the same for the new one, once they are on the market.

I will post pictures once my bike got his new colour and all it's goodies =)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Julian... What is your YouTube name/chanel? I can't get your video links to work...

Nevermind, they eventually worked. ;)

I was already subed as well... small world huh?

Cheers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youtube

Ha Funny! Good to hear that you are already a follower =)

To acces direct via the YT links I posted on my first comment or just search for: Julian Studer

I will probably take some Videos this weekend, getting on saturday morning the first 1000km service.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Were there any frame stickers on your '15 when you took delivery of it?

Waiting for my '15 Multistrada S to have the PDI and accessory install done... Should have it on Friday this week! I have posted uncrating videos on YT... Check them out if you like... My YT name is 'GrandpaBambu'. Don't forget to Subscribe! ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bambuuuuuu

No I did not have stickers on my multi.... but the discusting reflectors on the supension which I got rid of them the first day =)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first 1000km are done

The first 1000km and the first service are done, first updates installed... further changes coming....

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm very, hot,, it is around 74C, thats what the Display shows... but it heads up quiet well between the legs =)... maybe a bit more than the old one.

And here is the video I just took today.. the panoramic view is amazing... I am following my father on his 2013 S Multi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sound

Thank you Granpa... yes the sound is stunning! Sounds strong and deep like an angry monster =)... live even better... I will check to record some better videos hearing the sound.

Have you checked the other videos on my YT channel? Check the one with the Titel Multistrada Quat DB Killers out ;),, you will love that one.

What about your bike? Did you have your first ride already?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes... I saw the 'DB killer out' video quite a while ago when I was reseaching the Multistrada. Sounds awesome my friend!

Yes, have been out on the bike 5 times and have about 250km on the clock. Have been riding in Urban mode until now. Today I'm going to try Sport mode to see what she'll do.

Yesterday, I was approaching a traffic light and as I slowed down, kicking it into 2nd gear, what an awesome 'Growl' she made! As you say... "Like an angry Monster"...

The more I ride her the more comfortable I get... :smoking:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Modes

Than before you go to sport, give a try on the touring, it is also full power but a bit smoother. Sport reacts sharply...

The best sound is when you riding up the hill and you acelerate strong with full throtle... than sometings in the pipes opens and the groooowww is amazing =)... in my video above you hear it sometimes.

Today I am bringing her for the new look =)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.