Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 2021 Multistrada line has gone full ADV, with a 19" Front Wheel and Double-Sided Swing-Arm what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dissapointed and sad. I wanted a mean multi with a fat rear tyre and a 200hp V4.....Not a dirtbike.
You and me both.
At a minimum, I had expected a 200hp SuperSport V4 to fill the gap left behind.

Reactions: Lars-Erik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah. Looking at alternatives to a Multi. Don't think I'll find "one bike to rule them all" like the Multi has been for me. A motorstrong Supersport V4 would be a nice alternative. With panniers and a comfy seat so one could sit on the bike for 400kms without getting blistered behind.

....phantazising about a Streetfighter with hard panniers.....and lowered rearsets to increase the comfort a little.....Or raised seat.

The whole Ducati Multistrada problem sucks. I have the funds and was going to pull the trigger on a 2021, but watching the releasevideo made my jaw drop. Like I have said earluer, I'll keep my 2018 for a yeaar or two, and then look for a low mileage 2020 to be in the Multi heaven a little longer.

After that? No more Ducati. Sadly. I love the brand, but if they won't make the bike I want I'll get it from somewhere else.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. Looking at alternatives to a Multi. Don't think I'll find "one bike to rule them all" like the Multi has been for me. A motorstrong Supersport V4 would be a nice alternative. With panniers and a comfy seat so one could sit on the bike for 400kms without getting blistered behind.

....phantazising about a Streetfighter with hard panniers.....and lowered rearsets to increase the comfort a little.....Or raised seat.

The whole Ducati Multistrada problem sucks. I have the funds and was going to pull the trigger on a 2021, but watching the releasevideo made my jaw drop. Like I have said earluer, I'll keep my 2018 for a yeaar or two, and then look for a low mileage 2020 to be in the Multi heaven a little longer.

After that? No more Ducati. Sadly. I love the brand, but if they won't make the bike I want I'll get it from somewhere else.
What you wrote: !00% (y)

I've only had two seasons with the 1260 Pikes Peak @ 13,000 kms. I'm not even close to being ready for a change.
In fact, the 1260 PP is the best bike I've ever had.
I just feel bad for those sport focused 2010~14 Multi owners that might be ready to up-date.
If I were in their position (in the absence of getting a 2020 MTS 1260), I'd get this:
2021-BMW-S1000XR1.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 1260S is at 23000 kilometers now. I was determined to swap for a more powerful Multi, but I'll hang on for some more time. At least one more season.

The S1000xr looks like a mighty fine bike, as does the 1290 Superduke GT. Love tho sound of the "Duke" on the straights on trackday. There is something about the growl in that bike.

Not to mention the Aprillia Tuono 1100 Factory as well. Also an alternate when the Multi goes up for trading.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I like the Tuono 1100 but it's in a different class.
Short story about the Tuono. !n 2015 I had 5 bikes on my short list. Tuono was #1, Paingale 899 #2,
When the Pani 959 was announced the order reversed. Bought the Panigale.
Also bought a Monster 1200R that year.The Panigale as my sportbike and the Monster as my sport cruiser. Traded the Pani in 2019 for the Pikes Peak as I needed a bike for two-up riding.
BTW, the Red, White and Blue S1000XR above is also 2021.
If Ducati doesn't clean this mess and offer a Pikes Peak equivalent in a powerful V4 or a SuperSport V4 I'll be looking at the XR when the time comes. Either that or plan to keep the 1260 PP for a decade and trade the Monster for a Superbike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts