Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Definitely worth the wait. Wanted to switch up the look as I've been running track events in Pearl White (OEM fairings the first season, SharkSkinz the last 2) for the past 3 seasons and figured it was time for a change. Ordered true 2pc (upper & lower) track fairings in full carbon from Brian @ Citta Corsa as I wanted to mimic the street dress this year since I'm not racing and didn't even renew my license. I say "true 2pc" because the majority of carbon track bodywork from different manufacturers copy the OEM 3pc style (nose/mids/belly). I wanted a set like my SharkSkinz and Brian was literally the only person I could find that could get that setup. :)

Strictly focusing on learning and continued improvement in skill and confidence. Most of all, getting back to having FUN!!!

Thanks to Brian @ Citta Corsa for the exquisite quality and fitting fairings. Chris @ Drippin'Wet for the front number, lever guard number, light decals, and personalized decals. Scott @ SR Sign Design for the rear number/border and 848 decals. Randy @ Bellissimoto for the awesome fitting Dzus fasteners. And Clay @ Track Decals for the windscreen track outlines!!

Thanks for looking! Ready for Road America towards the end of the month!

-Christian

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We better see some action shots sooooooon!!!!!!
Not soon enough! Our RA dates aren't until Memorial Day. Doubt if I'll get anywhere else before then. :-(

Brian texted me and said you shot him a few of the pics, lol! :)

is that a headlight between the headlight decals, or a camera?
Ion Air Pro 3 HD camera in the nose. Pro 2 HD on the tail.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that looks great! That is carbon weave fairings? And decals for the head and tail lights?
Sure beats my faux carbon decals!
Thanks, dude! :)

If I was a much more patient person I probably would've 3M carbon vinyled the white fairings, then maybe clearcoated over them. Hearing the nightmares/amount of time it takes from people that have DIY vinyled their bikes and cars, I was like...no, thanks.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Not soon enough! Our RA dates aren't until Memorial Day. Doubt if I'll get anywhere else before then. :-(
Let me know what you think of the track repairs they just did. Hope you get good weather! I know luck was not on your side last year with that.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me know what you think of the track repairs they just did. Hope you get good weather! I know luck was not on your side last year with that.
Will do, man! Yeah, actually the last three years our "RA in May" events have seen more rain/wet track conditions than dry. The later one-day we usually do later in the summer (that I ALWAYS miss) always turned out to be the sunny & 75 outing, lol.

We've all got our fingers and toes crossed that since we won't be going back to RA in August (since we'll be at High Plains), that our Memorial Day 2day will be dry. Still bringing the rains, just in case.

Best of luck this weekend at Blackhawk!!! Fun track. Vision and reference points are KEY there.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Will do, man! Yeah, actually the last three years our "RA in May" events have seen more rain/wet track conditions than dry. The later one-day we usually do later in the summer (that I ALWAYS miss) always turned out to be the sunny & 75 outing, lol.

We've all got our fingers and toes crossed that since we won't be going back to RA in August (since we'll be at High Plains), that our Memorial Day 2day will be dry. Still bringing the rains, just in case.

Best of luck this weekend at Blackhawk!!! Fun track. Vision and reference points are KEY there.
Thanks, though it's not looking good so far. Weather forecast says 80% chance of t-storms both saturday and sunday :(. I have slicks on, so I won't be going out on the track if it's wet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts