Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And had a f*cking blast doing it!

Did this date (8/23) with Absolute Cycle Experience. We were at Pocono, on the South/East course. Admittedly not a very difficult track at all, but I preferred it that way. Its hard enough adjusting to being on the track, learning your line, etc.. so an easier to remember course made it that much more fun.

ACE seems to be a less frills group, as opposed to N2. There is no photographer out there taking your pics, tech wasn't over the top, the CR's didnt have their own fancy garage... but they did everything really well. I think a lot of people cancelled the day, and a lot of guys in the paddock never went out for a session. But ACE gave everyone a 50% credit, whether or not they rode. I thought that was pretty stand up for them to do.

I basically didnt count my first day a few months ago, so I started fresh with ACE, in their Into School group. They way they structure the group is a 15 minute session on the track, followed by 15-20 minutes in the classroom. Each session. It made me really comfortable. Our class was small I guess (about 12 of us), so each CR had 3 of us tailing him. Immediately we went out at a comfortable pace, the CR pointing shit out on the course, and looking back to see what us degenerates were up to behind him. Each session afterwards we picked up speed. I think the 3rd session we were allowed to pass on straights- so that helped with the speed as well.

We fought with rain all day, and had standing water on the track in a few spots (and a stream of running water through the exit of turn 3. Made my butt pucker a few times). The biggest problem I had with that was getting my tire pressures in a good spot. I finally ended up at 30f/28r, and it felt good. On Pilot Power 2CT's.

My CR had positive feedback for me, and constructive feedback as well. My 2 biggest issues he noticed were that I dont tuck onto the bike- I sit vertical. And I could drive out of the corners harder. Both of which I started to try and pay attention to. He then asked me if I had traction control.... i figured he was going to tel me to turn it up. When I told him I dont have it, his eyes got a bit bigger and he said "you are fine! Keep doing what you are doing!"

It was almost a Ducati day... 2 1199s's, my 1198, and a 796 Monster all in the intro group. Another half dozen Ducatis's in the other classes.

Long story short, my next day will also be with ACE. I will be doing the 15th at NJMP, the day after AMA is down there racing. I'm fucking stoked!

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your friend's bike didn't look real bad, just lost the MC and dented the other side of the tank, right?

Ray was doing good for his first track day. You guys had a rough day weather-wise. Good job not packing up.
Yeah- my buddies bike was fine. He broke the master, dented up the tank, and broke a peg... we had it back together Monday night.He was running race take-offs.... tires didnt like the rain much that day. He left Thursday for a friend in WV, they rode the Snake all weekend.

Ray, your bike is the reason I just put frame sliders (underbody) on mine. Between a few of our sessions I was looking at your bike and was really impressed by the minimal damage you had.

You boys heading to Thunderbolt on the 15th?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.