Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one day I started my bike put it into first gear and drove 5 feet before it turning off. I started it again and didn't want to run. It turns over and I can hear the fuel pump engaging like any other time you start a Ducati. I smelled gas so I didn't want to keep starting it due to safety reasons.

It's been sitting for a month because I don't know how to fix it. I miss riding ! Especially because this is my first Ducati and after a week getting it this happens.

I put it on the battery on the triple charge and I started it. It starts but I have to keep the throttle pulled a little in order for it to run. Once I let off the throttle the bike bogs out and turns off.

Here's some pictures of where I see gas coming out under the tank going into a black box.

Please if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it or if you know anyone in the southern California Area please give them my number 661 670 1176 Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
On the face of it, it sounds like your connections of hose to tank are leaking. Either perished o'ring or cracked connector perhaps, or just not done up properly. Has the tank been removed recently?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes a friend took off the tank and put it back on.
Should I buy a new gas line and have him install it?
He did good work on my last bike but this is his first Ducati
and to get to one part you have to almost take everything else off
the bike.

·
Registered
226 Posts
O-rings on tank quick connects probably got nicked during reinstall, and most likely running down hoses. If that's not it and its leaking at, near or in the air box then then you're probably in for for more extensive repairs inside the air box. I personally would not try and start it until this leak is sorted or at least keep a fire extinguisher very near by :mad:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ask yourself if the bike had this problem prior to the tank being removed. If not, then he probably did not get things reconnected properly. No big deal. Take apart again and inspect all connections and o rings. Don't panic, but don't let it sit around. Do you have a 999S repair manual?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts