Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of pics from last weekends trackday. The first outing for my 1098 at Arroyo Seco Raceway, Deming, NM.

...without working too hard (didn't want to crash my baby!) I was 3 sec/lap quicker than I've ever lapped anyone of my other bikes :) These things are AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
what tires did you do your 1098 track day with?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DUCMILLE said:
Sweet!!
Follow up on the brakes. Any fade at all?
No fade at all...but they really stop!!! I mean, I'm not a big 'tank squeezer' and several times I felt I was going to launch myself over the screen :eek: It was like, you'd better be hanging on. First time with the 1098 at the track and all I worked on was trying to be smooth...smooth on the brakes and smooth on the throttle...if you're not, like I said you'd better be hanging on :)

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
viking,

great pics! i like the black leathers. it's hard to find solid color leathers. what are they?

Elton

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mrinflux said:
viking,

great pics! i like the black leathers. it's hard to find solid color leathers. what are they?

Elton
Fieldsheer Revo which do have some logos and contrast to them, they just don't show in the pics. They were inexpensive and imho have held up well for a first suit.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Looks like fun, could you tell us what your suspension set-up was and how it felt, any changes?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great pics! Looking good!

I have yet to get on a track on any bike!

This is just making want to go more and more!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ten-6 said:
Looks like fun, could you tell us what your suspension set-up was and how it felt, any changes?
It was at the stock settings all day & was having too much fun with my buddies to get into tweaking it. But it could use a little, probably a bit more preload although I haven't checked sag and all yet & a bit more compression damping. But that'll be for another day :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great pics

Thanks for the info. Do you think you took alot of miles off of the tires?
Also that pic of the cover you have, do you have that on your bike, i havent seen that one yet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SteveNunez said:
At stock height- will the pegs touch at max lean?
Couldn't tell you as I never got over that far, but I'm sure MadRacer speaks from experience :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any photos anywhere showing sparks or pegs down at lean angle?
I'd like to know how far I could lean and knowing the pegs touch and still in grip is a good indicator, traction is still available.

·
Registered
49 Posts
vikingdrvr said:
It was at the stock settings all day & was having too much fun with my buddies to get into tweaking it. But it could use a little, probably a bit more preload although I haven't checked sag and all yet & a bit more compression damping. But that'll be for another day :)
viking,

what is your approx weight? i am another who would rather ride than fiddle with suspension, but as awesome as the bike seems i really want to try to give it every advantage.

thanks,

rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts