Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 749 but getting the fairings on/off is a pain, specially for a dedicated track bike. I have the quick disconnect screws for the upper portions but because of the way the two side fairings connect at the bottom I haven't found a good solution--except zip ties. You can thread one super long zip tie in between the two connecting tabs, which is time consuming, or just drill in some eye bolts and zip tie them together which is what I did. Fairings are not perfectly aligned but works for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered a different size dzus connector, for some reason I would occasionally loose the front one. Now I have the rubber grommet OE style but ditched the allens for phillip head screw (large head).

Do you have concern the I-bolt loop will hit the ground?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps remove the eye bolts protruding and install the tie-rap directly into the two holes drilled, same effect.
yes, that is one way to do it also, same for looping zip tie between the two existing tab holes, the problem is it would be like threading a needle in the dark, it's hard to make the twist tie loop back in on the other side, it's a pain. The bolts work great. If they touch the ground that means I'm on the ground as well and fairings are the least of my concerns ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.