Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only reason I say its halfassed, is that I do not use the signals, or signal brackets that are included in the kit. My tailight is integrated, so i have no use for them

The instructions in the kit kind of suck. So I figured I would post the pics of my install.. to help anyone else out. Total time took about an hour or so.

Started with this:

Remove the seat, the under seat panels and the tail section. I didnt want to have to re-learn my gear indicator, so I just spun the tail out of my way, while keeping my indicator hooked up:

Next, remove this cover plate from the backside (ehaust side) of the plate bracket assembly. It is held on with 3 allens. Once its off, you can access the 2 allens that hold the complete assembly on to the exhaust mount. Before you remove, pull the license plate light and turn signals off

Next you have to remove the mufflers. I didnt understand why, until I started to mount the LTD kit. You need them gone.

With the old stuff off, you can mount the new license plate light. You have to splice to the OEM harness, which I hate doing.

Next, slide the plate mount bracket over the plastic undertail. I drilled 2 small (1/16") holes through the plastic (through the center of the welded nuts) from the top, to locate it. Then I went to a 9/32" bit, just a hair bigger than the 1/4" bit the instructions recommend

I hung my mufflers next. With the plate uninstalled it gave me the space to safety wire the springs

This is the trickier part of the job. Both the forward and rear bolts for the plate mount go from the same direction. I found it easier to start the rear bolt with my fingers, then feed the allen through the forward bolt hole. Doing this meant I had to slightly bend the bracket. No big deal, as it bends back

I used the extra hardware from the turn signal brackets to mount the plate. (took the pic before the 4th was in by accident)

In the end, I think it looks much cleaner. And Its legal in my state (plate has to be viewable from the back of the vehicle, and lit)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The taillights are the hardest part so you lucked out. Looks good thought. It's the best looking kit out there IMO.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did the same thing on mine. Love the cleaner look. Thanks for posting the pictures, itll probably help someone else down the road (not like it was really a tough chore, but you know what I mean).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts