Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2013 1199 Panigale R. I love this bike! Sexy and fast, but when I ride it the bars, grips or gloves make my hands hurt. Are there better grips or gloves to make the pain go away? I've had bikes before and this hasn't happened to me on any of them. That's really my only complaint on the bike (besides the GPS failure). Any help would be welcomed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I’m aware of that. I was looking for advice on gloves and grips, not pointing out the obvious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wear silk undergloves, surprising how much it alleviates the ache.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Best thing you can do is to improve your riding "posture". There should be almost no weight on your hands while riding. Grip the tank with your knees and use your back and abs muscles to keep your torso in position. Your elbows should be bent at all times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best thing you can do is to improve your riding "posture". There should be almost no weight on your hands while riding. Grip the tank with your knees and use your back and abs muscles to keep your torso in position. Your elbows should be bent at all times.

Thank you. I'm sure I just need to get used to it. I turned the engine brake down. I had it set to full so everytime I let off id get pushed into the tank and all my weight was on my hands to the bars.

·
Court Jester
11,739 Posts
You should always be "light on the bars" as mentioned you need to support yourself with your body. I would try moving you pegs in a position that allows you to squeeze the tank.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should always be "light on the bars" as mentioned you need to support yourself with your body. I would try moving you pegs in a position that allows you to squeeze the tank.

Yeah the PO installed some really nice rearsets. I'm going to play around with them and figure it out. I love the bike though, it's a blast to ride

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
You probably should be riding on you toes rather than the middle of you feet.

I don’t know what you do but most touring bikes have you underneath your foot arch. These are more like the gap from your foot to your big toe.

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You probably should be riding on you toes rather than the middle of you feet.

I don’t know what you do but most touring bikes have you underneath your foot arch. These are more like the gap from your foot to your big toe.

Yeah I used to do that on my R6. Riding my Harley has made me soft and I have to remember to move my feet back to sport bike riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, everyone seems to have a different diagnosis.

I'm an old fart with fast bikes, and have the same problem of my hands getting tired.

I solved the problem by putting on big foam grips. I use Grip Puppies (about $19 at Amazon) on both my bikes, including the 2005 999S.

They work well, my hands don't get tired and all I have to do listen to the others yammer on about how I'm over the hill, like I didn't know it already.

Ron

·
Registered
47 Posts
Unfortunately that's part of the deal no matter what you do. Probably it will get better when you get more use to riding the bike. Riders seem to grip the bars too hard and ride tense on a new bike, especially a race bike. Great bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for the tips and different grips. I too fall into the old fart category. I went for a ride yesterday and yeah, I'm gripping the bars too tight. After awhile they didn't hurt as bad. I may try different grips just to see. I also change the rear set angles and my riding posture. I tried the quick shift yesterday. Holy hell that's cool. I also installed the New Rage Cycles fender eliminator kit. That thing is awesome makes the ass so clean. Got my Ducabike clear clutch cover coming tomorrow. Also think my GPS sensor went out. The gear indicator doesn't show neutral or 6th gear once its warmed up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts