Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
She looks great .. loving that last pic :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats! Just picked mine up a week ago. Excellent so far.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gorgeous. What's it like to ride? More torque, like the previous generation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
:ahhh:The bike is just unbelievable stable and it goes where you point it
My 1199 had hesitation and chatter at low speed and mid range was also very chirpy. 1299s smooth all the way through power band. The electronics keep the beast under control and when everything is off it is a rage monster. The seat is also better and the way it is raked is way more comfortable on the wrists

·
Registered
979 Posts
Placing order on mine, what kinda time frame did it take the dealer to order one, does it come from Italy or does DNA try to source one from another dealer and ship it there.

-Carbon

·
Registered
170 Posts
We've got them sitting in the dealer here in Dallas...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Question for the OP. Is the sound level with the stock exhaust affecting your hearing at all? I picked mine up only after having the Akra system installed, so I do not have a point of reference with stock. I noticed after a couple of 120 to 150 mile days my ears were ringing as if I had just been to a concert. This concerned me, so I upgraded to the quietest helmet I could find (Arai Signet Q). I also put in foam ear plugs. It helped yet I am still having the issue, but to a lesser extent. Next step will be to have custom fitted ear plugs made.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I fire it up in the garage stock is pretty deep rumble. I have a AGV helmet no ear plug. I do not have any issues with sound once I am out in the open. I love the performance bump with the Arka system but the sound of stock is just fine for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I fire it up in the garage stock is pretty deep rumble. I have a AGV helmet no ear plug. I do not have any issues with sound once I am out in the open. I love the performance bump with the Arka system but the sound of stock is just fine for me.

Thanks. I was wearing the AGV Skyline before. Great helmet, and will continue to use it on my other bikes. I have the DB killers out of the Akra, but may have to put them back in if the better ear plugs don't do the trick. Otherwise, the sound of this exhaust is amazing. Like you, I am still in the break in period so will not know the entire potential of the Akra until later.

I am sure you will agree that this is the most street worthy and comfortable superbike we have ever owned though. Can't wait for the first track day on it!

Brian

·
Registered
378 Posts
Question for the OP. Is the sound level with the stock exhaust affecting your hearing at all? I picked mine up only after having the Akra system installed, so I do not have a point of reference with stock. I noticed after a couple of 120 to 150 mile days my ears were ringing as if I had just been to a concert. This concerned me, so I upgraded to the quietest helmet I could find (Arai Signet Q). I also put in foam ear plugs. It helped yet I am still having the issue, but to a lesser extent. Next step will be to have custom fitted ear plugs made.

Thanks,
Brian
These are very positive concerns to have.....I have ordered the Akraprovic system so very happy it will be mega loud......remember.....it saves lives...!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
These are very positive concerns to have.....I have ordered the Akraprovic system so very happy it will be mega loud......remember.....it saves lives...!!

Thanks, and do be prepared. I have set up an appointment with the Hearing Center of Houston to have molds of my ear canals made and consult about options. As the doc will likely have no idea what the experience is like, I plan to tell him to compare it to having a chain saw running 10 feet away from you for 2 to 3 hours while wearing a helmet. In other words, I am looking for the highest drop in decibels they can provide. You will understand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts