·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

To be honest, my wish list order is now:

1. MV Agusta Dragster RR in any Limited Edition
  2. SDR
  3. Tuono Factory
All fun, all mad. I still keep looking at the Street Fighter V4S - I have been a Ducati fan for ages.
Just sold my Scrambler and had a Panigale 899 a few years ago.

The SDR is leading the Poll comfortably! (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha. I still think about it.
I looked at it in more detail today. I was adding um how much carbon parts and a better exhaust system are... the bike was now edging towards $30,000!

If the V4S was the V4 price then it is somewhat more realistic. I love the brand but that is some premium.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had a 1098 streetfighter back when they came out. I'm not a huge fan of the V4, it just looks a bit too bulky. I had an MV B3 800 brutale which was an absolute blast to own, the triple motor is fun, the thing I don't like about MVs, they tend to rush bikes to market and you end up having lots of updates to be done to make them rideable. Also, in the US, the MV dealer network is hopelessly bad. Tho the new CEO Timur is promising to make things better.

I had a RSV4 aprilia and absolutely loved that engine, I would've preferred the tuono but that came out later. The three you list, I'd personally go with the Tuono V4.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thanks for that. You having experience of all three types is helpful.
I kinda feel I have to own an MV at one point and this could be it.

I too was a tad disappointed with the look of the new Streetfighter. It is too much like a Panigale with the fairing off (ha, of course) but do feel they missed a trick. I also hear that they have not given it the gearing that a super naked warrants. Still, it is a Ducati and remains desirable. Funny if I end up with it. If the V4S was the price of the V4 it would make it a much easier decision.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ah, thanks for that. You having experience of all three types is helpful.
I kinda feel I have to own an MV at one point and this could be it.

I too was a tad disappointed with the look of the new Streetfighter. It is too much like a Panigale with the fairing off (ha, of course) but do feel they missed a trick. I also hear that they have not given it the gearing that a super naked warrants. Still, it is a Ducati and remains desirable. Funny if I end up with it. If the V4S was the price of the V4 it would make it a much easier decision.
I saw your post over on mvagusta forum, MVs are terrific bikes (I had a 910 S in addition to the brutale 800). You should get a lot of feedback about the dragster which is a really intriguing bike, I've a friend who has one and seems to enjoy it (he's got 7 or 8 bikes tho, mostly ducs. But they are a bit quirky, on the continuum of Italian bikes bimota is the quirkiest, Benelli next inline (the originals, not the chinese stuff), then MV, then ducati and aprilia are kind of tied with slight not to ducati.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had an SDR, problem is it has 0 power up top, I currently ride a StreetFighter V-4S full Akropavic Titanium Race Exhaust, I absolutely cannot stop riding it, it has power for days and the handling is incredible. My arms are currently 2-inches longer than they were back in April!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had an SDR, problem is it has 0 power up top, I currently ride a StreetFighter V-4S full Akropavic Titanium Race Exhaust, I absolutely cannot stop riding it, it has power for days and the handling is incredible. My arms are currently 2-inches longer than they were back in April!!

curious, I had a 1098 streetfighter, also a pani. The pani put out quite a bit of heat, is this an issues on the V4 sf? I love the motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ha, awesome. I could have afforded a V4 but not the 'S' expeciallty when I too would have wanted an aftermarket exhaust to get rid of those hideous boxes.

.... and then... it makes the SDR or especially the Tuono or Z H2 look like amazing value.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m in a similar situation. Love my 899 and 1098 but I’m kinda over sportbikes on the street so I’m looking for something a bit more versatile.

Stuck between the s1000r, mt-10, Tuono Factory, and believe it or not the ftr-1200 s. Yes we all know, go test ride them and see what you like. In my experience the 10 minute ride you can sometimes get from the dealers barely introduces you to the bike. Always good to here from those that have actual experience with them.

Ah - should also add. Neither of my Ducs are going anywhere. Just want something else to add to the stable :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, I loved my 899. first 'proper' bike I owned. Alas, i was nowhere near good enough to ride it at that time, buggered up a bend and lucky to have got away with just a lowside. Bike was written off :(

SDR is getting the best reviews but it will still be a short trip bike like the MV.
Tuono still seems to be the best biker all round but people are scaring me off saying maintenace and reliability is a real problem. Never heard that before I started investigations.

The test ride thing is always a problem. This really is about getting that extra bike that fits how you wish to ride it.
In your case it might be the most comfortable that also has some drama. I would recommend going out on the Z H2 as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ohh. Beautiful man! The heart always knows best.

Sad to hear about your 899, but also glad you’re still keeping at it. Enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
400 miles on it and I am aching all over. Took it on the track at Donnington and ran out of petrol!
Ha.
Lots of negatives with the bike to be honest but has pure emotive qualities.

Out on the V4S next week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I also went out on the new Brutale 1000RR - A better rival to the V4S. The Italians know what they are doing when it comes to matters of the heart.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts