Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
If those are factory pipes, you have catalytic converters in them. Most likely you have a cylinder not firing properly and it's loaded up the one side with unburnt fuel and the cat is causing it to combust. I believe the right hand side is the shortest distance from the "Y" pipe. Others have had their bikes burn to the ground with the same issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it's a set of the carbon fiber termi's with a full set of pipes ,on my 08 1098s . I don't think there is a cat in them . They have been on there for like 16500 miles of so , and they were never on fire before that I know of . that one was hot enough that it cooked the sticker on that side. So do you think I should put in a new set of plugs ? I was following a slow poke for quite awhile on the way home.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Nope. No cats in them. Have you been having any running issues with it now or in the past?? Running very rough or smelling like unburnt fuel??

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
when I pulled in from the ride home from town . I smelled smoke , got off the bike and there were flames coming out of the right side pipe . Does anyone got any ideas why ?
The right side exhaust can might be glowing red from a lean air-fuel mixture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.