Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dude...that just blows :bash: is your 'friend' still alive?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sory to hear about this - hopeful you can get a new one w insurance $.

What did you do to your clutch - because that's the exact look i am going for.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Bummer.
Hope you have 'replacement cost' coverage.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
WTF!!! Doesn't your "friend" have insurance? Let me guess, He doesn't have a motorcycle endorsement does he.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vikingdrvr said:
Dude...that just blows :bash: is your 'friend' still alive?
He gets out of the hospital on Thursday. He did not want to wear my helmet, thank God I made him. Ironically he crashed it the day I burried another friend. Glad I did not burry two.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
You should part it out, you would make more $$$.

PM Sent. I would love to have the exhaust or the clutch setup.

Jason

·
Registered
134 Posts
Seriously, I think you should walk away from the 1098 as the gods are telling you, you ain't meant to have one. I mean you are the one who was originally gonna sell it before aren't you?? Buy a lottery ticket and live a full life.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DuanneB said:
Seriously, I think you should walk away from the 1098 as the gods are telling you, you ain't meant to have one. I mean you are the one who was originally gonna sell it before aren't you?? Buy a lottery ticket and live a full life.
Ya know I think you are right now that you say that.

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
who lends out a 1098?

now you can get that golf simulator you wanted so badly.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
mrinflux said:
DAMN! :flamethro:ahhh:

Jason

·
Registered
122 Posts
I guess I don't get it. I have crashed before, that is part of riding a bike. But you just put the bike back together and climb back on. Looks like a little work and your back on the street.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
burning a hole in his garage

cdarling said:
I guess I don't get it. I have crashed before, that is part of riding a bike. But you just put the bike back together and climb back on. Looks like a little work and your back on the street.
cory,

let it go. mclincoln has been itchin' to get rid of this bike since the day he got it. this isn't the first time this bike has been on e-bay.

elton

·
Registered
122 Posts
mrinflux said:
cory,

let it go. mclincoln has been itchin' to get rid of this bike since the day he got it. this isn't the first time this bike has been on e-bay.

elton
Yeah guess your right. Somethings are not ment to be. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DuanneB said:
Interesting, my dad is an old minister and swears I should never own the bike again. That 998 is looking pretty good. lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mrinflux said:
who lends out a 1098?

I don't appreciate that. A very good friend of yours, that you have ridden with a hundred times comes to your house and wants to test the greatest bike ever built. You would not say no. This was not my or his fault. S#$t happens it was an unfortunate situation and I am thankful he is alive. I know I have said somethings on this board but I loved that bike. I bought a Ninja EX 500 for my first bike and have raced and rode them all. My last sportbike was a 998s bostrom which I loved but high sided on a track day ( a small mistake in a heated race with my brothers RC51). I still have my 05 fatboy in the garage. The point is this was and is the nicest street motorcycle I have ever been on. It is faster than my old 04 R1 and handles better than my 2000 996sps. I am not a young punk that found a nickle and bought this bike. I am a veteran that made a mistake. I do not need to be flamed for that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts