Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 999s. strai9ght piped, no O2 sensor. I have the VDST software, and need to reset my lean/rich fuel trim. I figured it has to be upwards of +35 (rich as all heck) I have it at +32 and it still pops when I roll of throttle and it gets hot fast! Should I bump it up to +45 on the rich side? the meter goes from -127 to +127..

any info is needed!!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Welcome.

+32 is already a huge increase in fuel! Has the O2 sensor been replaced with a manipulator or do you have the DP Race ECU which does not require it? Getting hot quickly and popping on deceleration is usually a sign of being very lean but having already added 32 percent more fuel should have solved it to the point of being excessively rich. If you have no oxygen sensor and no manipulator and are also using the standard ECU, it's likely the system is in default mode and struggling to compensate for not having any input from the O2 sensor or a manipulator. More info would help us help you figure it out.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Popping on decal can be a sign of a leak in the exhaust system.
I had popping and used high temp silicon [02 sensor safe] on the joins and it made a huge difference. I have a Microtec ECU and threw a heap of fuel at it at closed throttle %age and it didn't fix it but sealing the joins in the pipe worked.
Not saying this is your problem just an idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts