Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am from Ukraine. I have Ducati Monster Diesel 1100 EVO. It is about two moths in garage (i think tempereature did not fall under 0), but I can not start engine.

The main light is very strong and I do not have indication that accumulator is discharged, but I still have this behaviour https://youtu.be/8fYLlDODZ3w

Can somebody help me with it? What can I do to start it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
You can find your actual battery voltage by toggling through your dash. Find you manual and see how they do it. You're lights only require a certain amount of amperage to burn bright but to turn over a v-twin engine, that requires a lot more solid amperage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like your starter is just banging against your flywheel and not turning the motor over
This means that battery voltage low, right?

You can find your actual battery voltage by toggling through your dash. Find you manual and see how they do it. You're lights only require a certain amount of amperage to burn bright but to turn over a v-twin engine, that requires a lot more solid amperage.
Thanks, will do!

Just watched the video. Sounds like your battery is around 10.7volts.
And this is low?

To charge battery can I use car battery charger? And I believe I should remove trank to get the battery on Monster?

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Your bike most likely came with a pig tail for a battery tender. A car battery charger will work as long as it has a low amp setting. Like 1.5amp setting. Small batteries don't like a lot of juice to them. Best bet is to get a Battery tender any ways. They don't cost a lot and if they have the auto off feature, you can put it on and forget about it while it's hibernating for winter.

To start a bike properly, voltage must remain at least above 12. 12.6 is around optimal voltage to crank and sustain if engine doesn't fire right away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.