Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my issue: The GBR alt cover wont allow me to run GP shift- at least not with the shift arm in the same location as I had it prior to putting the GBR cover on ( I had the arm as close to 90* as I could).

The third mount point for the cover- the one under the slave cylinder- interferes with both the shift arms forward travel (downshifts), and the cover itself will no allow me to get the pinch bolt back in with the arm flipped for GP.

Anyone see a problem with me flipping the shift arm backwards ( like pictured), and more at a 45* with the input shaft (like pictured)? If i shim the shift rod back about an 1/8" from the shifter, I have no clearance issues.

I dont want to have to choose between either the engine protection, or the GP pattern.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I ran into this exact same problem. You really want your shift arm 90 degrees to the linkage otherwise you will get shifting issues. I opted to leave that cover off for now and will probably take a dremel to trim off that corner and just the other bolts to hold the cover on and use the stock bolt on the lower left of the slave.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So are you going to completley remove the third mount?

And how important do you think this cover is? I know its a silly question (its made for a reason), but I also run UB frame sliders, front and rear axle sliders, the GBR water pump cover, etc..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can you use just a regular reverse shift lever with no linkage instead? This method only would work with reverse shift, not standard.

There's even solutions out there if you need to use your pull sensor for a Dynojet QS.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
So are you going to completley remove the third mount?

And how important do you think this cover is? I know its a silly question (its made for a reason), but I also run UB frame sliders, front and rear axle sliders, the GBR water pump cover, etc..
I was just going to cut off the corner of the cover and keep the stock slave bolt in there so that I know there will be no interference. IMHO any cover can help. I've been down on the track on the right side and the GB cover saved the clutch and only has a few scratches on it. I run the entire GB cover set except for the one in questions, also have underbody speedy moto sliders and front axle sliders.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Can you use just a regular reverse shift lever with no linkage instead? This method only would work with reverse shift, not standard.

There's even solutions out there if you need to use your pull sensor for a Dynojet QS.
I would have used a GP shift lever but I could not find the DP one. (Tried a couple other billet ones which I didn't like but I've always run GP pattern on all my bikes). Plus I just got the annitori qs pro which works with stock linkage. So far so good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a ducati Performance GP shift lever that would work better in that situation so you won't have to cut this up or remove the slave bolt.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Even if you had that, how are you going to use your QS? Isn't the DP one just a straight lever, no spot to hook up the pull sensor to know when you tapped for the gear?
I don't think the OP is using a QS. I happen to have bought one once and never used it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update.
Bought the DP reverse shifter from NVTanner. Works flawlessly.... fixed my issue.
I did have to trim my bellypan slightly for it- but I am running an aftermarket carbon pan. So that is probably why.

Also- DP stopped making these. There are other options available, Motowheels offers a version as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great looking track bike BTW. I'm glad it got there and worked for you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.