Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Samco radiator hoses to replace the stock 1198 hoses. I'm a bit confused, does the upper hoses replace the thermostat/cylinder head hose assembly? Will this have any adverse affect on the motorcycle's electronic?

Also, is it really necessary to get the Samco clamps or can I just use the stock clamps?

Attachments

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
910 Posts
I don't know about the routing, but as for the clamps get then. we use silicon hoes on race cars and the clamps you will get from samco will not be damaging the hose when you tighten them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for the information Dutch. I should have done more research and paid closer attention to the purchased item. I assumed it was for both track and road use. I guess I can hack up the hose to fit the thermostat but that would be a shame. Live and learn… that’s part of life.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be curious if anyone has run this application on a street bike without any adverse effect.

The purpose of the thermostat is to allow the engine to warm up faster by keeping the coolant in the block til it reaches the opening temperature.

·
Registered
211 Posts
perhaps it is even better on another point of view: with thermostat operation, on a hot motor suddently you have cool water running in (thermostat kicks in), without it, the water gradually heats up along with the motor.

<3 theories :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
^ If you've ever seen a thermostat open, it's a slow and gradual valve. I don't know why anyone would want to remove their thermostat. You need the coolant to have enough restriction be able to extract heat via the radiator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.