Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past Rub had given me some tips, but I forget where that thread ended up.

My Go Pro is a Hero-4. Software is on my computer.
Computer is windows 7.

I can get my videos to come up in software. I can then export them to my desktop.

I am using google Chrome. Updates are complete.

But regardless of what quality I export the video as, 1080, 720, etc, I cannot upload them to youtube. I ALWAYS get an "upload in correct format".

The videos are in .AVI format, which is supported by Youtube.

I have 4 videos for work that I need to host, and am striking out.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
In the past Rub had given me some tips, but I forget where that thread ended up.

My Go Pro is a Hero-4. Software is on my computer.
Computer is windows 7.

I can get my videos to come up in software. I can then export them to my desktop.

I am using google Chrome. Updates are complete.

But regardless of what quality I export the video as, 1080, 720, etc, I cannot upload them to youtube. I ALWAYS get an "upload in correct format".

The videos are in .AVI format, which is supported by Youtube.

I have 4 videos for work that I need to host, and am striking out.
Is there an option for "youtube" when you export? I would also try exporting mpeg4.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
When you say "software is on your computer", what software are you talking about?

Regardless though, .avi files should be supported by youtube. This seems odd. I also thought that GoPro outputs as MP4. That's what I typically use. Tell you what...go right-click on one of the videos, click Properties, then click on the "Details" tab, and take a screenshot of that window and post it here. Make sure you scroll enough on it so all the things related to video and audio properties are visible in the window.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
When you say "software is on your computer", what software are you talking about?

Regardless though, .avi files should be supported by youtube. This seems odd. I also thought that GoPro outputs as MP4. That's what I typically use. Tell you what...go right-click on one of the videos, click on the "Details" tab, and take a screenshot of that window and post it here. Make sure you scroll enough on it so all the things related to video and audio properties are visible in the window.
Not all AVI is supported it depends on the codec used.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Just saw your other post after I typed mine. I see you're using GoPro studios...which I didn't even know existed, since none of the GoPros I've ever used came with any software. The files are stored on an SD card, so when you connect the GoPro to a computer, it's treated like an external drive. Just copy the video files from that onto your computer. Don't bother with the GoPro software for now.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Just saw your other post after I typed mine. I see you're using GoPro studios...which I didn't even know existed, since none of the GoPros I've ever used came with any software. The files are stored on an SD card, so when you connect the GoPro to a computer, it's treated like an external drive. Just copy the video files from that onto your computer. Don't bother with the GoPro software for now.

Wont work Rub, you have to export the video it's not supported on youtube.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Not all AVI is supported it depends on the codec used.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking that it's a codec issue.

how do I put my prints screens here? Do i have to host like a normal photo?
Yes.

You should get this option when you do the final export.
That's the option I pretty much always go with, though I use Adobe Premier Pro for editing and exporting. 720p (because it's a good balance of quality and file size), H.264/MP4.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Wont work Rub, you have to export the video it's not supported on youtube.
Sure it will. I've done it before, and I just did it now with a 10-second video to confirm. It comes out as an MP4. Simply drag the file onto your computer from the GoPro, and it's ready for upload. Youtube accepts it as is.

Unless they changed something on the GoPro 4, from the rest of them, but I didn't think they did.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.