Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, so I was changing the oil and filter the first time by my self, on a 2007 1098. As I was removing my filter, this copper ring fall off with the filter? Where does it belong to? I could not find a reasonable home for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
You sure it's not a crush washer off the drain plug?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing myself. Op, you sure it fell out the engine or maybe this is a lost crush washer which ended up finding its way alongside the filter in the outside filter cavity?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
My guess is he pulled the drain plug and the washer stuck to the engine and when he pulled off the filter it fell.
Yep, I second this. Very likely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the size of the washer is similar to the drain plug washer, however, I am certain it wasn't from the drain plug. I removed the drain plug first and cleaned the area well. I pulled the oil filter out gently and there it is on the center of the old filter. ??????

·
Registered
192 Posts
During an oil change there is only one thing it should of been. A drain plug crush washer.

Whats the dimensions?

·
Registered
902 Posts
when I saw "Need Help! Urgent!", I expected to see a real issue. relax.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would not panic it looks like a crush washer, does the drain plug have one? Did you say if it had one or not? If I had a pound for every time one stuck to the sump...... then fell in my oil catch tub I would be rich!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts