Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I will most likely be picking up a 2013 Multistrada 1200 base model next weekend! I'm very excited, but sad to see my 848 find a new home :(
The only thing is it does not come with any panniers..

Does anyone know of any panniers that aren't $2000? I am looking for both sides and top box. If anyone has any used ones I would be very interested!

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

**On a side note and potential rant: Why on earth are 3 plastic (or even metal) boxes costing thousands of dollars? I wouldn't think that the materials cost that much! Does anyone else think that panniers are grossly over-priced?! Just had to throw that out there..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Join multistrada.net forum. I found a full set for mine ( side cases and truck by Ducati Performance ) with bigger wind screen, gps, and a set of Moto Lites, for $1250 shipped from Connecticut to Mississippi. They all looked brand new. They do come up on occasion but you just have to be ready and pounce.

Agreed about the price but there is a lot more than just boxes. The brackets and supports all will be needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll check them out! Man, that would be a screamin' deal!

But even with a few metal bits, that's incredibly expensive! Somehow it's a standard though.
Take for example a brand new 2014 yamaha TT-R110E dirtbike. There is way more metal, plastic, and engineering behind this product. Yet, they still make a profit selling it at $2000.
Three plastic boxes and hardware = $2000!:ahhh:

I'm preaching to the choir though

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, I'll check them out! Man, that would be a screamin' deal!

But even with a few metal bits, that's incredibly expensive! Somehow it's a standard though.
Take for example a brand new 2014 yamaha TT-R110E dirtbike. There is way more metal, plastic, and engineering behind this product. Yet, they still make a profit selling it at $2000.
Three plastic boxes and hardware = $2000!:ahhh:

I'm preaching to the choir though
Yes you are sir.....yes you are. Just be patient and a set will come up...right place right time.

I have even seen them on Craigslist.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NICE! Yes, like those! Im in North Carolina though. Are those yours? Or did you just find those?

I used to live in Palisades.. I miss SoCal

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 73 liter set of bags off my 2013 GT with soft luggage. I lost the bike in an accident after only owning it for 3.5 weeks. Only had them on the bike when I left the dealership. I have the red key for the bags.

$800, I am in Baltimore and can ship

1 - 9 of 9 Posts