Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two options in considering

I currently ride 2013 Ducati 848 evo white

I can get this for discounted price from a friend who is a dealer.

DUCATI SPORT GLOVES-RED for 80 USD
Ducati Sport Gloves-Red

DUCATI PERFORMANCE GLOVES-WHITE for 130 USD
Ducati Performance Gloves-White

Which one should I go with?

Please give me some of your thoughts and review on this gloves if you have used it before

Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You want gloves with wrist straps to prevent them coming off in a crash. Get the pair made by Spidi, a known quality brand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Dainese Full metal, DP and they are extremely comfortable and offer great protection.
Whats DP?

I know fullmetal is the best ducati glove and its for 360$. I don't get discount on that one.. so I was not considering of buying it for this moment

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Whats DP?

I know fullmetal is the best ducati glove and its for 360$. I don't get discount on that one.. so I was not considering of buying it for this moment

Sorry, DP is out of context but it stands for Ducati Performance. I picked mine up for 200 off of eBay.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've had some really good fitting Joe Rocket gloves for 8 years, but I also have Alpinestar GP Pro's that are much better, but don't fit as well.

It's a compromise I guess on what you can afford and what quality you want.

Craig

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, DP is out of context but it stands for Ducati Performance. I picked mine up for 200 off of eBay.
Thank you, so you are talkign about

DUCATI PERFORMANCE GLOVES-WHITE for 130 USD
Ducati Performance Gloves-White by spidi

right? if so, I guess I will just go with DP since you said it was really good

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy gloves without trying them on first and holding onto some handlebars whilst hearing them. Fit, comfort and construction are everything.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Held Titan gloves- safest gloves on the market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For some reason i always feel skeptical when buying gloves that are "manufacturer" banded. Simply because i feel that they are only worth, let's say 100$, but sold for 250$ just to mark up the cost of the label such as "ducati".
Is like buying a Citizens watch and Michael Kors. Both cost the same but we all know one of them has a 5$ movement and the rest goes to the name.
I bought Heroic Spr- Pro and i love them, safe and comfy. I know you aren't asking about any other gloves but maybe it will give you some other option out there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same I thought that too!

SO I ended up Ducati Performance glove made by Spidi instead of Ducati glove manufactured by Ducati.

Never knew Citizen is using such cheap movement, I thought their automatic watch is pretty good, how would you say about Omega watches?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Same I thought that too!

SO I ended up Ducati Performance glove made by Spidi instead of Ducati glove manufactured by Ducati.

Never knew Citizen is using such cheap movement, I thought their automatic watch is pretty good, how would you say about Omega watches?
Congrats on the glove purchase, spidi is a good brand.

I'm 99 percent sure he meant Michael Kors being the cheap movement and majority of the cost being the name.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can't go wrong with Dainese. I have the 4-Stroke EVO (Summer, short gloves) and they are absolutely amazing for the cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts