Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Is that duct tape in place of a hose clamp?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I just had this same leak. Although my leak was pure coolant coming out. Ended up being a bad o-ring behind the junction to the vertical head. the part is about $1.00 but a bitch to get to because of the frame.

1. Drain your coolant.
2. Use a swivel head ratchet to get to the two bolts holding the housing on.
3. Remove the old o-ring from the back of the housing.
4. Clean the back of the housing
5. Install new o-ring
6. Put it all back together
7. Fill coolant and run the bike for a while and go for a short ride and see if there is still a leak.

Reactions: Tuned

·
Registered
22 Posts
If there is no white smoke coming out of the exhaust, it can't be a blown head gasket.

Reactions: Tuned

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Do what 7 Summits suggests first. Blown head gaskets usually don't show up externally. If it was oil, I'd say bad base gasket, but since it's coolant, it's most likely just a coolant fitting problem.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I wish I had the swivel head ratchet before I tried to take mine off. Ended up cross threading the top bolt and had to remove the vertical head and re-tap it. :mad:

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!!! I just came back from Greece. I tightened all the fittings again and to it for a ride around a little and let the bike run. Haven't seen any coolant dripping or any Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Rim leak stains. So looks like it my have be a loose connection. But I did see some oil coming through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts