Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, recently picked up an 07 1098, 4k miles.
Not my first bike but definitely my first Ducati.
Its a different experience coming from mostly owning GSXR's all my life but I love it so far.

Of course I get all the bashing from friends because of the sound and all that saying I should go ride with harley's etc... Lol

As far as mods the bike has all the "1098S" extras plus Termi exahust (Slip on I beilive) Racing ecu, a lot of carbon fiber :dance: , rear sets , seat im sure is not oem, clutch is not stock either. Probably missing a few things I'm sure.

Anyway's looking forward to learning more about these bikes. On to Pics ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has Marchesini wheels, im not sure if theres an exact set the "s" brings but there on there.
And it also has the Ohlins Suspension

·
Registered
346 Posts
Those are the stock Marchesinis and not the forged Marchesinis that came on the S model. It does look like the original owner swapped in the Ohlins shock from the S model but the forks are the stock Showas. I wonder if this throws off the front/rear spring rate balance regardless if the springs are matched for your weight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I figured its the same thing as other vehicles aswell. People exagerate to make a sale. I would have still bought it regardless.
I think im just missing the ohlins forks as someone stated above.
It does have the Ohlins rear suspension.

·
Registered
346 Posts
OP- nice bike with some good extras.

OP never said he bought an S model...
Agreed, you don't see too many yellow ones.

We never thought he said he bought an S model. He said the bike has ALL of the S model mods. In reality, it only seems to have the rear shock from the S model. I just hope the seller didn't dupe him and tell him it has all the S model modifications.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not at all guys , he told me that it had all the S upgrades and my exact words were "does it say S on the title ?" I doubt even the S says it but he understood that that wasnt a deciding factor for me anyways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not at all guys , he told me that it had all the S upgrades and my exact words were "does it say S on the title ?" I doubt even the S says it but he understood that that wasnt a deciding factor for me anyways.
Welcome to Ducati Itz Javi,

Both the 1098 and the 1098s are great bikes.
I hope you enjoy it like the rest of us! :yo:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Enjoy!

You got a kick ass machine that has some cool upgrades!

The Ohlins rear shock is a great upgrade!

Good luck, have fun, wear all your protective gear!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice pick up. I finally got to put some kms on my 1098 trico yesterday and i totally agree its a different experience. I'm coming from 3 different gen R1's so the whole power delivery took some getting used to. I'm not sure if this is common with Duc owners but i did feel a little better than other jap riders bahahahaha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts