Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanna introduce myself, name is Brett and I just purchased my first ducati. After years of owning an R1 decided I wanted to switch it up a bit. Just purchased a 07 1098s with 9,700miles. Bike is clean and had alot of upgrades. The 7,500mile service was just done on 8/5/15. As far as I'm aware about the recalls the tank on this never expanded, cluster doesn't have any moisture, never had any starting issues and wheel bearings were changed to ceramic.

The guys at Moto Union Ducati in Wisconsin are the shit! From the first time I called about the bike Ross has been awesome. Traction was extremely smooth.

Just looking for some info on preventative maintenance on what I should do to the bike first and foremost. First thing I'm going to do is strip it naked and clean it, it's not dirty by any means but get in every nook and cranny that's hidden. Than take all those stickers off...here's some pictures. Any info about anything would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Make sure to save the stickers on wax paper or similar. If you sell it across state lines (or to Canada) you may HAVE to have them. Use a hair dryer and go slow so they stay intact.

I think he meant the stickers on the fairings. But the stickers on the frame from manufacturer should be taken off as well, and saved for the purpose you mentioned!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Congrats. They are good guys!!!
Thanks! I couldn't agree more.
She looks beautiful... but that damn silver swing arm sticks out like a sore thumb. Shift Tech makes a great cf cover for it.
thanks man! And I know lol I already started looking into stuff and that was up there as a priority.
Congrats on the purchase, it's a great looking bike and some tasty mods. I agree with the comment above about the swing arm. Black or covered in CF is the way to go
👍 thank you!
Make sure to save the stickers on wax paper or similar. If you sell it across state lines (or to Canada) you may HAVE to have them. Use a hair dryer and go slow so they stay intact.
I didn't mean any of the OEM Stickers just the white stickers the previous owner put all over it.
If you start running out of gas without the warning light coming on, Google "Thirmister." :p jk
thanks for the tip!!! I just did some research I think that's the first thing I need to find out is if that sensor is working 100% properly.
I think he meant the stickers on the fairings. But the stickers on the frame from manufacturer should be taken off as well, and saved for the purpose you mentioned!
is this a normal practice on Ducati's where the frame is exposed to remove the vin plates/stickers and save them on wax paper to give it a cleaner look?
The only frame stickers left are the VIN stickers... most people leave those on.

Beautiful bike!
Ok thanks I was getting confused for a second getting mixed input. And thank you it was one I couldn't pass up.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do you find it compared to the R1? Enjoy.
Love it! What a whole different feel of bike, more torque, but the r1 had more top end and pulled harder top of 5th and 6th. But iys not comparable cause that was a built motor, and nothing was stock motor wise.
Great looking bike. Love the BST that will be my next
Thanks man!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wheels are awesome.. Good call on taking off all those stickers, looks messy. Post pics when you clean her up..

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheels are awesome.. Good call on taking off all those stickers, looks messy. Post pics when you clean her up..
Thanks man and yeah way cluttered

looks great, BST's are mad money...yank the stickers off..
Thanks and yea as soon as I saw em jaw dropped lol it's gonna look alot better with the stickers off

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Contemplating either just buying a carbon cover for my existing swing arm or buying a black swing arm then the cover also...any thoughts

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.