Ducati.org forum banner

201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help please second hand purchase

Hi there I'm in UK but just about to get my 1098 Streetfighter.
Apart from checking machine to make sure it's good hat do I need to look for in other stuff eg how many keys, a mate said something about a computer disc, all that kind of stuff?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Yay or nay? Keep it like this, change the colors around certin things more red, DIABLO all red with white outline, all white or just take it all off? Just wanted to see how it would look lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,028 Posts
Yay or nay? Keep it like this, change the colors around certin things more red, DIABLO all red with white outline, all white or just take it all off? Just wanted to see how it would look lol.
I think it looks fine the way it is, if you do plan to put highlights then maybe a thin red pinstripe around the rim. I don't think your wheel would look good painted all red as your spokes are fairly thick. Painting it a bright color would make it look bulky. If you do paint the spokes i would recommend painting inside of the spoke to make the spokes look narrow.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think it looks fine the way it is, if you do plan to put highlights then maybe a thin red pinstripe around the rim. I don't think your wheel would look good painted all red as your spokes are fairly thick. Painting it a bright color would make it look bulky. If you do paint the spokes i would recommend painting inside of the spoke to make the spokes look narrow.
He isn't doing it for the ladies! Hide your kids, hide your wife, bdaroci is on the prowl everynight!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I told u that in confidence smh and it's more like hide your moms 😎😍 I love me a good cougar. Even if they don't know they are I show them the way. It's like shooting fish in a barrel lol

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Send them to me and with your wheels and all of my new Rizoma products my bike will be almost complete.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Look good, how about a nice red wheel tape? I think it will accentuate it nicely with the rest of the red on the bike. And it will make you safer as it reflects at night and make your bike look like a bike from the movie tron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wheels alone are 2500-3k! Nice score. I just picked up an all stock 08 S all I've done so far is tank pad and black belly fairings. + battery tender. Love those wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else's front rotors have a lot of free play in them??? I know Ducati came with semi floating but these feel like full, can't see someone changing out rotors alone and not touching anything else on the whole bike. From my understanding it was a 58 yr old man. It had 7070miles and it's almost 10years old so that's under a K a year! I love it. I've never owned a vtwin or excuse me a L twin and its way better than my zx12 10 6 7 r1 r6 and hayabusa combined!!!!!! Love this thing. I pray Francesca is as good to me as I am to her. Just did the 7500 mile service with shell advance which her in America they carry at advance auto now! Didn't do belts or gause filter cause he oil looked super clean and it had a k and n filter on it already so I'll do that at 9000. Needs an air filter but I am gonna get a k and n so I'm waiting a week for a lil more $$$$$$ so I can do a few other things while I'm there again. Topped her off with water wetter, now she runs 12 degrees cooler on operating temp! God I love this bike. Francesca is the new love of my life. I should have known I'd love a duck! Torque monster!!!!!!!

SC project exhaust or Akrapovic????????? And ........go

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your right, I have an R1 and just picked up a 1098S, rode it for the first time this weekend and it is different. I found it comfortable to ride and has alot of low end torque but the R1 seems to have have better/ quicker pull and 5th and up. Both are great bikes. Im sending my tank out in a few weeks to get lined.

201 - 218 of 218 Posts