Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent 4 hours at Daytona Ducati,BMW, Triumph picking out and paying for my new 1200 monster. Road 70 miles home some city some highway and some interstate.
What a f..ing blast. Never had so much power. I'm still on break in but not exceeding 6000 rpm is no problem. Think I finally did a roll on from 70 to 96mph and only hit maybe 5500 rpm. The most beautiful sound I've ever heard.
By the way went to register my bike and there is no 1200 monster to click on or I assume that's how you do it?
Any help registering would be welcome.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats exciting! Im in the middle of thinking about trading in my 1098s for a 1200s. Going to ride the demo this Saturday and see what happens.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never been a road bike rider mostly triumph, BMW, Harley and several Honda 750's so this monster is like moving up to a Moto GP bike. I may someday get a 848 or 899 in addition to the monster but for now my taste is and always has been for the bikes that you can see the engine.
But now I have the performance.
Good luck on the demo. The first time I road a Ducati was when I was heading home after the purchase:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ive had nothing but sport bikes myself so interested to see if the Monster will do it for me. Just looking for something a little bit more comfortable that i can take on longer trips. Also the Monster is a ton cheaper for insurance than a superbike.
When i bought my 1098s i picked up 4 hours away from my house loaded on the trailer and didnt ride it till i got home!! Going to be nice to take a bike out before i decide to buy this time! I hope for good weather Saturday. Oh and post a picture of your bike!

·
Registered
64 Posts
i am hoping to join the ducati fraternity real soon,reading to many bummer post on stalling issueson the 1200.anyone in australia having stalling issues?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must say it stalled on me yesterday for no apparent reason and it stalled on me a couple of weeks ago twice when I was waiting ( idling) for what seemed like 10 mins. I had a to hot warning I think it was like 250 and the fan wasn't on. I've noticed it got 224 yesterday with no radiator fan and I'm wondering if it's working properly? I got home and let it idle and the fan finally came on at 216.
Saturday is my service so I'll inquire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
daven,
Update on the overheating issue...

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am hoping to join the ducati fraternity real soon,reading to many bummer post on stalling issueson the 1200.anyone in australia having stalling issues?
Bought mine end of June 2014, about 5k+, no stalling issues.

Also no heat issues with fan not coming on as mentioned by another poster. Does get hot near the right leg in traffic though..

Edited to add my location: Melbourne.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts