Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum here. I got my 821 about 2 months ago and loving every bit of it :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
congratulations Rayien! I just got mine too and had done only 80km on it so far. Winter is here now so i will have to wait and see how this Monster really is when spring arrives. Anyways, show me some pics of the bike when you get a chance.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I rode in to work today on mine partly to turn 600 miles so that the first service can be done when I get back from the Holidays. My dealer had a small flyscreen from a "Stripe" 821 so I had them hold it for me and install it and the steering damper then.

I have two small problems for them to check, too; once in a while my left boot tip has some oil on it when I'm done riding, but I can't spot any leaks nor is there a drip on the garage floor. And my high beam comes on and stays on sometimes as I am riding. Sometimes it goes off, other times it just stays on. Weird.

Otherwise I am enjoying the bike. Great sounds from the exhaust and easy and fun to ride. I'll ride as much of the winter in New Jersey as I can as long as there is no ice or snow on the ground and it gets to at least 30 degrees.

Pjk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Peter,

You are lucky to be able to ride still. Its too cold here now for me to take mine out. It will be spring time when i will be able to break in mine. Anyways, just wanted to ask you regarding your high beam, do you know that the flasher front lever when you pull will let you flash the high beam? and if you push down on the same lever instead of pulling will set the high beam permanent until you push up again on it. This could be what you are doing and not realizing it when you are using it to flash highbeam.
Now, the oil on the left tip of your boot could be lubricant from the the front sprocket of your bike chain or too much grease from there that melts from the heat and drips a bit? i really wouldnt worry about this unless you can see and feel under there that is leaking. There no drips on your garage floor which is a good sign that it only occurs when you are riding. Have the dealer just do a complete check on these problems and let me know what they say. I really wouldnt worry thought at this point.

bob

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I scanned the owners manual but didn't notice the two positions for the high beam switch (lever) and so will check that the next time I'm out. And hopefully you're right on the oil. The one other thing is that it's sometimes difficult to find neutral, but I think this will become less and less of a concern as I pile on the miles.

When I get back from holiday and get the screen and steering damper installed, i'll post some pictures.

Thank
Pjk

·
Registered
995 Posts
One more quick, 20 mile, ride today for gas and the service light popped on at 621 miles, so I'm set when I get home. The high beam came on a few times but at least now I can turn it off by punching the switch. I don't think there's anything in the manual that described that switch. Thanks again.

Phk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats on reaching your break in period. You can now put more juice on your bike now after your first service. Did you figure out why your highbeam light keeps coming on and off? It seem you might have a loose switch there? Have your dealer check that. That must be annoying.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'll have them check it when I have them do the service sometime early in the new year. I'm leaving this afternoon to fly to Frankfort then on to Budapest for the holidays, but I can't wait to get back, have the service done, then see what the rev-limiter lights look like.:)

Pjk

·
Registered
10 Posts
New member here. Just picked this up yesterday. The sound coming out of the stock exhaust is well worth the price of admission!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice ride DaveCn,

Welcome to the forum! I had mine for almost 2 months now but only had put in 84km on it due to our winter weather has arrvied. It's killing me having to just look at it in the garage and not able to ride it. The worse part is the wait till spring! Anyways, this bike should serve me well when the time comes.
i dont know where you are located but it seems that you are still able to ride the Monster and will have a better feed back than me. Let me know how it is and share some thoughts with us!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in Atlanta. I've managed to put 90 miles on so far, temps are around 50 but it we are in a rain pattern until about Thursday then I plan to log more miles. I love the bike so far! I'm planning to install the Termi exhaust after the 600 mile service. That Dark stealth looks awsom by the way!! How does the Termi exhaust sound compared to stock? Stock it sounds really good.. Also plan to get that small screen and maybe change the rear part where the licence plate goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I'm going to order the small wind screen you have. Was installation easy? Was all hardware included?

Thanks David

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, the Termi slip on exhaust sounds amazing, although i cant compare to the stock since i had it done before delivery. i bought the windscreen from Pro Italia on line and the installation is a bit tricky, you have to take headlight off and all. i took my time installing it and took me about 1.5hrs. Btw, Peter on this forum is picking up that new windscreen for his bike like yours from the new 821 Monster model called "STRIPE". The windscreen cowl comes in Red with the white stripe so this will look great on your bike? You may just not get a lot of wind protection compared to the one i bought but i bet it looks a lot better than mine. Peter! let us see how yours looks like once you get it!

B

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea I like the small micro screen on the stripe. I'm not sure where to order from, guess I'll have to go through my dealer.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've never heard one with the stock exhausts but whenever I start the bike with the Termis, I smile.

You could try Pure Ducati for the screen.

And merry Christmas from Budapest!

Pjk

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi TWDucfan,

Sorry for having to provide you more pis of the windscreen I have on te bike. I do want to tell you that I really like it and does help a bit for me on the highway. It is winter here now and will have to wait till spring again to give you a complete feed back on the screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That screen looks really good on your bike. I don't think the Micro screen on the stripe version is availabe for order. My dealer can't find anything on it.. I'm guessing they may release it later on in 2015. I was hoping to get it at the 600 mile service, I'm at 415 so far and luvin it!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Another thing I like about the bike is it's almost matte finish. The white with red frame and accents is very nice and looking at photos of the other colors make me think they, too, have a similar finish.

Pjk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts