Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Always wanted a Monster so this past Saturday I woke up and went to the local Ducati store. Left with a new 821. Jeez what a sweet bike.

I have demo'd a Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha FZ07 and FZ09, but after much thought I decided to spend the extra coin and get the Monster. Such an experience riding that thing... sex on two wheels!

Cheers!

Reactions: tjs5012

·
Registered
150 Posts
congrats on the new Monster Purves! What colour did you end up getting?! Wait till after you breakin the unit and your initial 1k tune up at the dealer. They hook it up for any update and mine just kinda felt more power after that. Could be just because i was hesitant to pass 6k rpm while breaking it in. You will feel the bikes more power pass 6k rpm! I am just pass 2000 km now and the monster just feels more stronger and stronger. I actually pulled my first 1st gear wheelie off the line last weekend by accident! Lol!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bike is red, but I really didn't care what color I got- Dark or white would've been just fine with me...

I have a little over 300 miles on it already, so that first 1,000 mile service will be here before I know it!

It seems the happy median for the bike is around 4,500 rpm... I've been trying to go easy on it, but have given it hell a few times- it's hard not too...

I've always been a fan of Yamaha's, but this bike is so much more pleasurable than the FZ's that I demo'd.

What part of Canada are you from?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I heard there's quite a bit that's done at the first service. ECU changes, different oil (don't know if it's going from non-synthetic to synthetic or just heavier oil), and torquing down of all bolts to required specs. can't remember if anything else was done.
can't remember who posted it but they said the bike runs stronger, smoother and quieter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Conrats!! I also would've flip a coin on the colors but that paint job and gloss on the red is pretty amazing.
Indeed.

I rented a Harley Sportster Forty Eight (saw your sig) last month. That was a fun ride, but kinda beat me up on the freeway. Still would be a fun toy to ride around town. Good times!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Indeed.

I rented a Harley Sportster Forty Eight (saw your sig) last month. That was a fun ride, but kinda beat me up on the freeway. Still would be a fun toy to ride around town. Good times!
Other then adding some upgraded engine mounts and ABS breaks nothing has really changed on the 48 since 1948. It should be at least someone's 2nd or 3rd bike. Just a raw bike that will most definitely beat you up. I've had a lot of fun modify it and whipping around town on it..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Other then adding some upgraded engine mounts and ABS breaks nothing has really changed on the 48 since 1948. It should be at least someone's 2nd or 3rd bike. Just a raw bike that will most definitely beat you up. I've had a lot of fun modify it and whipping around town on it..
The 48 is indeed a cool bike. I wouldn't mind adding it to my stable!

What all have you done to it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All. Another newbie here, from a rather cool south of England. Got my first Duke a few weeks back and now done 1200 miles. It's the white model, and gets a lot of attention wherever I go. I thought that I had suddenly become a Babe Magnet, but sadly its not me. Just the bike! Doh!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where are you in the South of England?
If you are in the SE, the Kent Ducati Owners Club have monthly meetings just outside Maidstone.
This month, 28th June, we have a talk by i2i MCA, who provide advanced handling courses.

Let me know if you'd like more details.

Hi All. Another newbie here, from a rather cool south of England. Got my first Duke a few weeks back and now done 1200 miles. It's the white model, and gets a lot of attention wherever I go. I thought that I had suddenly become a Babe Magnet, but sadly its not me. Just the bike! Doh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts