Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm looking to pick up my new 821 Stripe before the end of the week, so I thought I should join the community!

I'm considering several different add-ons- what are some of the MUST haves?

I can't make up my mind on the DP CF Tank protector, for example. The only thing I am doing for sure, are Termis and some sort of tail tidy. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome! I'm also very new myself and don't pick up my 821 Stripe until Saturday so it's nice to have someone with the same bike, picking it up roughly at the same time.

Going to do the tail tidy thing also but not immediately.

Do you pick yours up on Saturday also?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to pick it up a bit earlier, but that just depends on how quickly the process goes! I live in Iowa, so the sooner, the better! We've only got a week or two left of riding I'm afraid! :(

I'm considering removing the evap cannister if I can find a good DIY video. I hate the mirrors, and I plan to remove them until I find new ones or just use nothing. I'm not sure how I feel about the little mini fairing piece around the display.. I might remove that as well. New indicators probably.

Maybe a couple new pieces of CF around the engine, radiator protector, still can't decide on tank pads/protectors. I saw somebody else on here with a stripe and CF Tank protector, and because the stripe is not centered, it made the tank protector look weird.

Anyone else have suggestions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I first went to the dealer and they started the Monster with me sitting on it, I was blown away by the stock noise. I couldn't believe it to be honest. Sounded great. I'd been used to a Stock Diavel sound which is also brilliant, especially once it's wound up.
I was also lucky enough to hear a Diavel with Termi's on and that was a different level again. Can still hear it now.
For me, the price for the Termi's on the Monster was too much especially given how good it does sound stock. I'm not saying Termi's wouldn't be better as I'm sure they are but from a cash perspective at this point, I'm happy to pick it up and enjoy it stock for a while first!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi all!

I'm looking to pick up my new 821 Stripe before the end of the week, so I thought I should join the community!

I'm considering several different add-ons- what are some of the MUST haves?

I can't make up my mind on the DP CF Tank protector, for example. The only thing I am doing for sure, are Termis and some sort of tail tidy. :D
Welcome the 821 is an incredibly fun bike. I would recommend the tank protector, the tank can scratch pretty easily. Tail Tidy's look really great and easy to install.

I took my mirrors off and went with some bar end mirrors, looks IMO how it should come from the factory. They also do not vibrate nearly as much as the stock mirrors.

Forget the exhaust imo! Only bike I've ever had that didn't want or need one.
This. The stock exhaust is plenty loud for me. But just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.