Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone. I came from a 2008 GSXR 600 that I had for little over a year and picked up this 2013 848 Evo. Local Trade at Ducati Of Omaha.

picture upload

Great bike and a huge difference over my gixxer. A few things that are different.

1. Miss my gear indicator (I have short term memory and for get what gear im in ha)
2. My balls feel like they are on fire but thats the price I pay for under body exhuast froma V Twin right :D
3. The seat is super slipery (Last owner upgraded not sure which one but its ribbed, might try stock)
4. Mirrors are worthless and I am a short dude and they dont fold but so far no clearance issues in the garage yet.

The best things about the bike.
1. Its not Black!!!! GSXR was black and man was it hot.
2. I think I have a full Termi exhaust (not sure yet).
3. After market seat that is comfortable (still slippery but can probably fix that)
4.Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger!
5. Fender eliminator with turn singles in rear vents
already done!

Things to do.

1) HIDS. I gotta bump up the brightness.
2) Tint the OEM windsheild, maybe upgrade to a double bubble but black out the bottom of it?
3) More comfortable grips and levers
4) Mirror extenders?
5) LED mod on parking lights

·
Registered
566 Posts
Congrats on the trade in and welcome to the forum. The stock mirrors are absolutely worthless, the extenders don't do shit either. I run one CRG bar end mirror on the left clip on with Rhino bar end sliders and it never moves unless I want it to. The DP superpole seat is a very popular and comfortable seat, your ass stays where you want it. It does raise you about an inch and you being short may not be the best idea, but just throwing that idea out there for you. As far as the LED mod for parking lights...why bother? If you leave it in park your battery will be dead when you come out to your bike. Just put it in the lock position and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice bike! Congrats! I got an '11 in January. I bought all my mods right after purchase and I like all of them very much so, I will tell what they are. Your list of "5." will likely grow.

1. AKRAPOVIC carbon exhaust with noise reducers removed. LOVE the sound!
2. Gotham Cycles 6000K HID kit. (With matching white LED's parking lights.)
3. Pazzo shorty levers.
4. OBERON clutch slave cylinder. (Great for shorty levers.)
5. WOODCRAFT rearsets.
6. 14 tooth front sprocket.
7. ZERO GRAVITY tinted windscreen.
8. Seat cowl. (DUCATI Omaha had the best price.)
9. Driven D-Axis bar ends,

Lucky for me Comp Werkes fender eliminator and integrated rear turn signals were already installed. If you get HID's and DO NOT change to white parking lights it will look terrible. IMO Not super noticeable but ugly yellow parking lights next to HID's do not look good.

You can see the lo-beam HID, levers, tinted windscreen, tiny bit of the exhaust and tiny bit of the seat cowl. Like I said, I really am pleased with my chosen mods. I also removed the passenger foot pegs.

Congrats on your new bike. I am 5'9" and my bike came with an aftermarket gel seat that I removed and sold. I didn't like the looks, the higher height and IMO no matter what seat you have it is like sitting on a fence pole.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice bike! Congrats! I got an '11 in January. I bought all my mods right after purchase and I like all of them very much so, I will tell what they are. Your list of "5." will likely grow.

1. AKRAPOVIC carbon exhaust with noise reducers removed. LOVE the sound!
2. Gotham Cycles 6000K HID kit. (With matching white LED's parking lights.)
3. Pazzo shorty levers.
4. OBERON clutch slave cylinder. (Great for shorty levers.)
5. WOODCRAFT rearsets.
6. 14 tooth front sprocket.
7. ZERO GRAVITY tinted windscreen.
8. Seat cowl. (DUCATI Omaha had the best price.)
9. Driven D-Axis bar ends,

Lucky for me Comp Werkes fender eliminator and integrated rear turn signals were already installed. If you get HID's and DO NOT change to white parking lights it will look terrible. IMO Not super noticeable but ugly yellow parking lights next to HID's do not look good.

You can see the lo-beam HID, levers, tinted windscreen, tiny bit of the exhaust and tiny bit of the seat cowl. Like I said, I really am pleased with my chosen mods. I also removed the passenger foot pegs.

Congrats on your new bike. I am 5'9" and my bike came with an aftermarket gel seat that I removed and sold. I didn't like the looks, the higher height and IMO no matter what seat you have it is like sitting on a fence pole.
Nice looking bike.

Im 5'8 and the seat I have i belive is gel as well. How hard is it to do the parking lights? I have an old Hid kit from one of my previous vehicles that will fit, its 55w tho.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I believe that most guys use the 55w. That is what mine are and 6000K. Switching the front P lights could not be any easier. I did a SEARCH and found the instructions.The problem is, if there is a polarity issue, you have to reverse the contacts inside of the bulb. Without instructions it would have been impossible. Again, though I SEARCHED for a thread and found a picture filled tutorial.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I came from an '08 GSX-R600 as well before getting the 848. Didn't quite make it a year, but an ARC and TrackSchool/trackday on the Suzuki gave me a good feel for the bike in the 3400 miles that I had it.

Only real things that I missed coming from the Suzuki to the Duc were the gear indicator, more "comfortable" riding position (for a SuperSport) and slipper clutch. I think that for the street, the twin engine really makes a lot of sense for usability. There are a couple of ways to get around the heat issue (exhaust wrap or ceramic coating) if it is a real issue.

Tons of good info here. Welcome, and enjoy the ride! :)

-Christian

·
Registered
248 Posts
I believe that most guys use the 55w. That is what mine are and 6000K. Switching the front P lights could not be any easier. I did a SEARCH and found the instructions.The problem is, if there is a polarity issue, you have to reverse the contacts inside of the bulb. Without instructions it would have been impossible. Again, though I SEARCHED for a thread and found a picture filled tutorial.
or just get non-polar LED's here:

warden_jp2002 Stores Auto LED bulbs

recommend these:

2pcs BAX9S H6W 64132 1W High Power LED bulbs (Xenon White)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If the servo motor is still by your right leg then it's just a slip on kit. But one of my first mods I always forget is the 2 piece mwr filter kit. It fixes the leaks if the stock one and a mandatory mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.