Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Beautiful bike, but a few too many lines showing on the forks, me thinks.
3 lines is normal/stock
Was the previous owner a short ass? What's the rear ride height like?

Craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a few too many lines showing on the forks, me thinks.
3 lines is normal/stock
What's the rear ride height like?

Craig
Tx,

I will look into that, have hardly ridden it yet and still have to check the suspension settings.

I did surprise once, it practically fell into the corner and as I remember my 748 needed a bit of effort to get in it.

will definately check out the front forks,so you think the front has been lowered?

tx for the heads up.

R

·
Registered
632 Posts
Tx,

I will look into that, have hardly ridden it yet and still have to check the suspension settings.

I did surprise once, it practically fell into the corner and as I remember my 748 needed a bit of effort to get in it.

will definately check out the front forks,so you think the front has been lowered?

tx for the heads up.

R
Yep, Here's a photo of mine if that helps

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plans?

Don't plan on making any cosmetic changes right now. Even the indicators are staying. Love the bike as is, always have.

Mechanical side:
Install side stand kit
Change battery cables for thicker ones
Change battery to anti gravity or similar
New chain + sprockets: go to 15 x 39.

Clean

Maybe have the suspension done. Springs. + oil but need to get myself some more knowledge + find local to do it.

Tx.

R

·
Registered
555 Posts
Amazing bike!! Good move keeping everything oe. Thats a collector already.
Slamming the front end like in the pics will make the thing love to turn. I cant really tell from the pics,but it looks like it's in in the steep rake setting too. I guess we can safely wager that the previous owner had an affinity for twisty roads, or race tracks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Amazing bike!! Good move keeping everything oe. Thats a collector already.
Slamming the front end like in the pics will make the thing love to turn. I cant really tell from the pics,but it looks like it's in in the steep rake setting too. I guess we can safely wager that the previous owner had an affinity for twisty roads, or race tracks.

You have a keen eye sir. It was indeed at steeper rake setting, had that "corrected" during check up. Was a bit too nerveous for me. My 748 was harder to turn in and I liked it like that. 5 rings+rake made it a bit too much for me, especially after so long of a superbike.

and yes, prob a track day nut. He also had speedo cable removed + oilfilter secured.

R

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ditto to what everyone says - absolutely super score on that bike my friend!

I made a killing selling the 996 line back when i was a Ducati Sales Rep and only sold maybe 3-4 of those numbered mods back in the day! Hold onto that sucker forever! Just seeing those Zeus Fasteners again brings back good memories for sure! Wish they never got rid of those to be honest. So is it all riding much better now that you adjusted the front forks? If they were like that upon purchase, Im sure the rear was out of wack too eh? By now Im sure you have it all dialed in.

Congrats to you and seeing these beauties makes me wish I held onto mine! :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So is it all riding much better now that you adjusted the front forks? If they were like that upon purchase, Im sure the rear was out of wack too eh? By now Im sure you have it all dialed in.
Rear ride height looks to be as stock. Haven't touched preload in the rear, need the c spanner.

I just set all other adjustments to stock as a starting point. Turn in is slower already but don't think I will get as slow as the 748 (had the base 3 spokes on there).

So for so good, enjoying every minute of it, even when driving slow.

Tx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ditto to what everyone says - absolutely super score on that bike my friend!

I made a killing selling the 996 line back when i was a Ducati Sales Rep and only sold maybe 3-4 of those numbered mods back in the day! Hold onto that sucker forever! Just seeing those Zeus Fasteners again brings back good memories for sure! Wish they never got rid of those to be honest. So is it all riding much better now that you adjusted the front forks? If they were like that upon purchase, Im sure the rear was out of wack too eh? By now Im sure you have it all dialed in.

Congrats to you and seeing these beauties makes me wish I held onto mine! :(
yes, everything is back to stock, except rear preload, need c spanner.

turn in slowed down but will never get to 748 level (don't really need to), 748 did have the base 3 spoke wheels so that prob had some influence as well.

loving every second of it, even at 0 km/h

tx

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hmmmm

yes, everything is back to stock, except rear preload, need c spanner.

turn in slowed down but will never get to 748 level (don't really need to), 748 did have the base 3 spoke wheels so that prob had some influence as well.

loving every second of it, even at 0 km/h

tx
Don't know why turn in would be much different, perhaps a few extra pounds but you may need everything looked over w fine tooth comb to see why its so much different. Perhaps brand of tires are different which DEF causes those sort of issues?

I too had a 748R and when I threw on some Marchesini Mag Wheels it was like a TOTALLY different bike- BIGTIME! PM me if you are in need of anything-we'll chat a bit there if ya like? You are in Canada correct?

Same 748R, just different pain work on same set of Sharkskinz here. Oh- and the bike I said I should've held onto as well. 96' 900SP- w/ 944 Kit dropped in courtesy of the Old BCM Motorsports in Laconia, NH. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
You have a keen eye sir. It was indeed at steeper rake setting, had that "corrected" during check up. Was a bit too nerveous for me. My 748 was harder to turn in and I liked it like that. 5 rings+rake made it a bit too much for me, especially after so long of a superbike.

and yes, prob a track day nut. He also had speedo cable removed + oilfilter secured.

Ive got the 998,witch is identical geometry wise. I keep mine in the steep rake setting, and rase or lower the front and rear to get it to turn how i like at different venues. But i only use it at the track. I dont have experience with the Panigale, but this chassis imo is the most solid, versatile and easy to set up ive come across. And ive been riding /racing sense i was 9.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.