Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new addition to my moto-family! 2001 748S monoposto. 13,5xx miles on it and just got the valves/belts done. As far as I can tell the only addition would be an open clutch cover. Time for the sad news-it'll be staying with a friend back home for the 10 more months I'm stationed in Europe. The only negative to getting a 748 (I was looking for a 996 when I stumbled on this) is I think it may be lacking a bit in power, as I've been riding a slightly hopped up 848 EVO for the past 3 years. Anyone else have experience with both an 848 and 748?

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
want some more zip on the low to mid range put an 853 kit in it and maybe some performance cams. that would do a lot for it, have 2 853's now. one is just a stock 853 drop in kit, goes pretty good. the other is getting th motor rebuilt a fast by ferrachi 853 kit some combustion chamber work and am going to put a set of 916 tb's on it, (50mm instead of 45mm on the 748), also a full 50mm termi exhaust system. hope to get 100hp out of it or at least close to it.

but if you want a really good performance upgrade, get some light weight rims, cf or forged magnesium. these will make it handle 2x better, making it feel like you gained 10hp. i lost a total of 8 lbs by switching from my 3 spoke boat anchors rims to a set of oz forged aluminum rims. everyone says this is the best and cheapest performance upgrade you can do.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks garylkendall! I was actually thinking of the 853 route down the road, as my goal for this will be +15hp and -15lbs. Some lighter rims are on the list as well. Your red mono looks like it already has some pretty trick parts, keep us posted on it's progress!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
garylkendall-Sweet! Thanks for keeping us in the loop as far as progress goes. I love the 853 graphics on the side as well, just like a 916...but more fun! Let us know when you dyno her! I'm really curious on your 853 build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts