Ducati.org forum banner

501 - 520 of 532 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Perhaps because it matches the tri-color paint scheme?
Sometimes i did things to the bike for no good reasons, such as changing out OEM signal lights with Rizoma Vision because rear signals don't bolt well to the Rizoma fender eliminator? While at it, i added the Dynamic Brake Sensor and Switch end caps. Let's see how they all come together in couple of weeks. For a nice aluminum windshield,

·
Registered
134 Posts
A lot of time/Sometimes less is more, but that’s me.
Just my opinion and worthless $0.00 input: Putting Corsa anything on a Monster is like putting TRD on a Camery.
I literally had to tell the guys at the dealer “No, I don’t want/need Ducati branding on a helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, boots, etc.”
That Ducati bathrobe though... LOL!
RenderedImage.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
I tried to jerry rig a mount on my bars but I think I’m going to eventually pony up and get the mount @offaxis has.

On another note I’m finally getting the little gift from Ducati but it’s being held at customs. Talked to ups today so that should straighten things out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Also I LOVE this bike! Track was flooded so I didn’t get to go this past weekend but hope to get it on the track in October.

If I’d gotten the monster before my Harley I wouldn’t have the Harley.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Putting Corsa anything on a Monster is like putting TRD on a Camery.
I literally had to tell the guys at the dealer “No, I don’t want/need Ducati branding on a helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, boots, etc.”
That Ducati bathrobe though... LOL!
Although i like Ducati jackets, helmets, boots, etc; which i have a few, they do make you look like a walking billboard, so i've been getting more BMW (or Belstaff) riding equipment lately etc :BoomSmilie_anim: They're a little more subtle with the branding. This does not mean i love my Ducati any less ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #508 (Edited)
Although i like Ducati jackets, helmets, boots, etc; which i have a few, they do make you look like a walking billboard, so i've been getting more BMW (or Belstaff) riding equipment lately etc :BoomSmilie_anim: They're a little more subtle with the branding. This does not mean i love my Ducati any less ;)
I don’t mind the branding. I got the Ducati Corsa jacket in matching colors which I personally think looks great. But if we were all the same the world would be a boring place.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I tried to jerry rig a mount on my bars but I think I’m going to eventually pony up and get the mount @offaxis has.

I assume you’re referring to the Quad Lock phone mount? The only issue is the sort of tight fit to get to your ignition key, with your phone mounted.
I have an iPhone X, but not big hands.
Otherwise, I really like the mount. I believe it is the Bike/Bicycle/Mountain Bike mount. It came with both zip ties and rubber bands. I used both. The standard handlebar mount wasn’t going to work in conjunction with the steering stabilizer.

Also, I think Quad Lock is only available for iPhone and Samsung phones, but you can piece together a universal mount. I don’t know much about that, but I’d sent the former standard handlebar mount to a friend and he’s really happy with it. He had to do the universal thing.

It’s kind or hard to see the zip ties in the first picture, but everything centered and secured nicely. Second picture is zip ties only (no rubber bands).

Oh... and thanks to DucatiMonster25Years above. He (or she - IDK) did it it first.

IMG_3735.jpg
IMG_3136.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
I assume you’re referring to the Quad Lock phone mount? The only issue is the sort of tight fit to get to your ignition key, with your phone mounted.
I have an iPhone X, but not big hands.
Otherwise, I really like the mount. I believe it is the Bike/Bicycle/Mountain Bike mount. It came with both zip ties and rubber bands. I used both. The standard handlebar mount wasn’t going to work in conjunction with the steering stabilizer.

Also, I think Quad Lock is only available for iPhone and Samsung phones, but you can piece together a universal mount. I don’t know much about that, but I’d sent the former standard handlebar mount to a friend and he’s really happy with it. He had to do the universal thing.

It’s kind or hard to see the zip ties in the first picture, but everything centered and secured nicely. Second picture is zip ties only (no rubber bands).

Oh... and thanks to DucatiMonster25Years above. He (or she - IDK) did it it first.

View attachment 167525
View attachment 167521

I have an iPhone XS Max and need a lot of clearance. I saw a YouTubed who had a 1200r with a phone mount so I messaged him about the mount. Not very helpful he said it was just a standard phone mount. So I got a u bolt ram handlebar mount but the spacers weren’t big enough for a fit. So I used zip ties to hold it on and rotated it down so that it doesn’t move . Mount the phone vertically and haven’t had a problem yet. But I think I will go with the quad lock I think it will be much much more secure. Just didn’t want to buy a case and the mount but oh well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pretty sure my little gift from Italy is stuck in customs lol. Got a call yesterday to describe what was in the package. Had to go off the what I remembered from pictures here from a little bit ago. I wish I’d recorded it the conversation was hysterical. Should be getting it soon!

·
Registered
90 Posts
How, or who, do I contact to get my little stupid statue thing? I assume the dealer?

You could try that but I’m not sure who would be the best. Some company actually emailed me to confirm my address. I confirmed with them and it came a couple weeks later. Let me know if you want the company’s name.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone else ride enough in the dark to be annoyed by the headlight fairing lighting up, while using the low beam only? I find it to be quite distracting. The high beam is not at all bothersome. My ‘17 821 didn’t do that, but it had only a single & centered bulb.

I’m thinking about either vinyl or painting the clear portion of said fairing.
Carbon fiber vinyl, flat/matte black paint is what I’m considering.

Riding home at around 5:00 A.M. after work/driving about 420 miles, the last thing I want is to see more reflection/glare/distraction. Well, deer would be the absolute last thing, but.. yeah.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks like there are 499 left now.

$14,600 in damage is the current estimate
Didn’t even hit the wheels or fork.
Stupid thing was slipping out of gear into neutral when I would autoblip down from 3rd to 2nd.

Called the dealer and was told to “get more evidence of it happening” and “try to recreate it”. So on a Sunday ride it happened 4 times, then on the 5th time it spelled the end.

The major issue was the unpredictable nature of the slipping to neutral. It wouldn’t just find false neutral, it would engage and engine brake for 4–5–6 seconds then pop out of gear. The fifth time it did that on the ride I was leaned over on the left into a fall away corner. It sat me down on my ass, and I watched that beautiful bike slide away.

Picked up a broken bike that had to be trailered home with fuel spilling out of a hole in the tank. Bars snapped off and crushed into the tank and frame destroying both. That is with Speedymoto frame sliders, which I will never use again. The front axle sliders saved the forks but, I stopped looking close when I saw the magnitude of the damage caused by the bars.

Poor Bella, such a short wonderful life. Currently she’s on life support with the insurance company, but I’m not holding out much hope.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like there are 499 left now.

Damn! That sucks!!

At least you’re OK!

I put on those Speedymoto sliders (front, frame & rear) on a ‘17 821, but none on a ‘17 Supersport S.

I thought about the Evotech frame sliders on this ‘19, but left it at that... just a thought.

Too many similar stories/results you just experienced.

I’ve had minimal issues with the DQS. I learned to be more deliberate, but it sounds to be a bit/much more in your case.

How unfortunate.

So... Streetfighter V4?!?

501 - 520 of 532 Posts