Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering purchasing a new Multistrada, I'm just curious if anyone uses it for gravel road travels? Not looking for offroad work but back roads exploring. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
If your going to do road explorations. I would get a 2015 with the top case, bars and fog lights. You need the smoother engine for low speed running. The fog lights are awesome for spreading out the light. I have a 14GT and the engine is too bumpy down low for dirt donkers. The saddle bags are too wide but the top case is a good fit. Change the tires for dirt roads too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure I agree w you medob that the "bumpy" engine is overly limiting off-road but it does take a little getting used to. I'm an old dirt bike rider so maybe I'm used to the throttle coming on a little hard. Probably my biggest complaint is that lack of rear brake. Not usually a huge problem but I just kinda like to have one on steep gravel or slippery stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My cousin has a 2013 and I have a 2015... we ride unpaved roads quite a bit when touring. The bike handles them well, the only surface I'd avoid is sand (MTS rake makes soft sand a challenge).

My biggest complaint about dirt roads is how long it takes to wash the bike afterward... so usually I take my Tiger when we're just day riding and I know we're going to be getting dirty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts