Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2003 748. Needs clutch and battery. Question should I get slipper or stick with stock? Also as well as all metal and friction plates springs and pressure plate, will the long rod through the middle come with?my first Ducati, thanks for advice.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
No rod,

get a bearing

No need for a slipper unless you’re honking at track days

pressure plate and springs are bling

·
Registered
262 Posts
My 996 doesn't have a slipper, not needed plus a bigger expense to buy. Go with the a quality set up in terms of plates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got a 2003 748. Needs clutch and battery. Question should I get slipper or stick with stock? Also as well as all metal and friction plates springs and pressure plate, will the long rod through the middle come with?my first Ducati, thanks for advice.
Thanks again I appreciate your time
As I watch videos, I need a pressure plate like all clutches. The rod I'm referring to more a long bolt through the center. It was layer down, I want to make sure I order everything I'll need. I have a housing and gear....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Likely won’t need a pressure plate. Unless you want a bling anodized one. All you should need is friction plates. Unless your steels are trashed. Check the basket and make sure the slots are true….if they’re all notched you’ll a need a new basket. Same for the hub.

The push rod should be fine even if laid down. It resides behind the clutch slave cylinder so not in harms way in most circumstances. If you mean the input shaft….shouldn’t be any issues there unless the clutch took all of the impact and damaged the shaft threads or bearings.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Like all pressure plates you do NOT need one unless it’s flogged. It won’t be. The rod will be fine, the bearing might not be great.

we all buy blinged up covers and springs, my first clutch I had a mate power coat the std pressure plate and springs. Left it there for the 2nd clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts