Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking for two years I finally pulled the trigger on Desmo No. 308 with 132 miles. Changing fluids, putting on new rims - 17" and rubber. Can't figure out whether I should ride it or put it away given the low miles - thoughts?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ride it.....get a feel for it.....then put it to one side.......

Where are you...?

I bet its a bike you've always wanted......can you post some pictures......

Well done.....I thinks its top of the pile of Superbikes...!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Los Angeles. Once I get the bike back from Pro-Italia after the wheel and fluid change I will post some pics. Yes I've lusted over this bike for a long long time. Thought the 1199R might suppress the longing but not even close.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its all the usual flannel really, if you intend selling it on and don't want to take a big hit, you need to keep it under 1000 miles, preferably under 500. If you plan on keeping it for infinitum, but want to keep it in good order, ride in decent weather conditions, keep it to 500 miles a year if you can and make the rides count. Track days, if you van or trailer it, are a great way to have a lot of fun and put very few miles on it. Obviously best to avoid falling off it. Congrats on getting it, they're a bit like marmite, but you never tire of owning one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.