Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally installed a slipper Ducabike clutch along with a kevlar pack of plates.

So far I like the way it controls engine breaking while coming in hot into corners. But I have to get used to the 'lag' there is when I downshift and the bike actually slows down.

Also another thing I have to get used to is the lever; it has changed.

When Im downshifting and I release it; it has this spot where it kinda bumps or has no pressure. The clutch seems to be doing this as well kinda jumps; but doesnt affect the slipping.

I hear this is pretty normal; so I just gotta get used to it.

Overall I like it! Great improvement!

Shot-out to Brian from http://www.cittacorsa.com/ he was quite helpful and got me the clutch all the way from Italy to my doorstep right before COTA! :D

Pics

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Very jealous that you're able to make it for the RS return to COTA. Kinda kicking myself for not opting out of the June dates for the Sept dates.

I'm getting a pulsing from the clutch lever on downshifts as well after installing the DB slipper on my 848. Also heard the consensus is that it's normal.

I should've did the slipper upgrade a long time ago. Completely increased my confidence going into a certain corner on our home track, and is making a downshift in a previously sketch place easily possible...thus upping my speed up to that point due to now not having to hold a wound up engine thru a long corner before the quick chicane after it. Worth every penny!!!

Enjoy the weekend, man. That is a fantastic circuit and I can't wait to go back!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I'll post some pics and an aftermath vid on here later next weekd :)

Thx for the feedback on the clutch.

Reactions: 1fast750ss

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Omar. Much appreciated. I can't wait to hear about it at COTA. Bring back plenty "O" pics. :yo:

[Just for future readers, I have a displayed only 6 spring slipper that has only had the basket bolted, however never a single turn on the engine. $500.00/reg $635. PM me if you'd like it. Plates are separate like the brand new ones.]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got some awesome media of the event!

I'll post it sometime this week; Im still editing/gathering scattered photos.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I got used my my Ducabike 4-spring slipper in my 1198 pretty quick. Made a big difference, especially towards confidence and stability of bike when downshift before (or during) leaning. I'm still using the OEM plates with it, and so far so good, but I've only done 3 tracks days with it.

I'm disappointed that I didn't even know that Ridesmart had another event at COTA :(...I thought this summer was the only one of the year.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a little bit different slipper clutch, and here's my experience:

At first, the clutch feel was annoying, it didn't feel the same, and had sort of twitch or twang, not sure how to describe it.

A while later, I felt comfortable with it, and as time went on, I don't notice any such annoyance.

Most significant... hard braking and downshifts at the track at speed, with the bike being pushed a little bit, THAT'S where slipper clutch rocks! That's what it's tuned for. Huge improvement.

For the street, subtle nuances, which disappear once you get used to it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the 6 spring special edition (with the ball bearing ramps) Ducabike slipper with the Ducabike kevlar pads, all from Citta Corsa, on my 1098S.
I noticed immediatly that my clutch lever was in a diff spot where it grabbed. I adjusted it a bit and quickly got used to it. It is on my dedicated track bike, so I absolutely see the benefits. It for sure helped me feel more confident on the track and lower my lap times. I cant say that I notice any delay, but not sure exactly what you mean. It feels pretty normal to me except when down shifting, it slips ,as i wanted, rather than my rear losing traction and scaring the crap out of me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the input/feedback.

So far I LOVE it after some heavy testing at COTA.

By heavy testing I mean steady level 2 :conveyer: I am no racer by any means or stretch of your imagination; I just enjoy the camaraderie within this hobby/sport.

*Updated pic above with a shot of the slipper :drummer:

Reactions: 1fast750ss
1 - 9 of 9 Posts