Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I've finally took the initiative and sold my R6 to buy a 2013 Ducati evo Corse SE :ahhh:. The bike came equipped with a full Termignoni exhaust and I was planning on adding some ASV C5 levels.

Just wondering, is there anything you guys would recommend I should get for it? I'm pretty new to this whole Ducati thing so I'd appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

Registered
Congrats on your new Duc! I just picked up a 13 Corse a few weeks ago myself and absolutely love it. From my limited knowledge and hours of searching and asking questions in the forums, it seems to me that since you have the exhaust taken care of you may want to look at going to a 14 tooth front sprocket. ..it should really help with the low end and make the bike much happier if you have to ride in traffic (mine absolutely hates to run at less than 20 mph and I have to ride the clutch to keep it smooth). After that, it'd all about what you want to do to make her all your own.
Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy her as much as the rest of us!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ducati.org Forum mobile app

Court Jester
Welcome aboard! HID retrofit is a good idea, but the mods are endless......

Registered
Install a FatDuc. Don't worry about the 14 tooth. I tried it and all it does is move your RPM around at slower speeds. Doesn't address the problem of poor fueling below 5000RPM's. The FatDuc smooths out throttle in that area where one putters around town. I can actually hold a steady 3000rpm's smoothly now. No lurching or bucking like before even with the 14T sprocket.

Get some carbon fiber accents and get the suspension set up properly for your weight. A few track days and fun level will rise.

Court Jester
Install a FatDuc. Don't worry about the 14 tooth. I tried it and all it does is move your RPM around at slower speeds. Doesn't address the problem of poor fueling below 5000RPM's. The FatDuc smooths out throttle in that area where one putters around town. I can actually hold a steady 3000rpm's smoothly now. No lurching or bucking like before even with the 14T sprocket.

Learn something new every day now I have to add the FatDuc!

But in truth I've not been a fan of the sprocket change I just learned to feather the clutch, the FatDuc is worth a shot easy plug and play.

Court Jester
I should add that might help in being smoother in my turns on the track!

Registered
Learn something new every day now I have to add the FatDuc!

But in truth I've not been a fan of the sprocket change I just learned to feather the clutch, the FatDuc is worth a shot easy plug and play.
It is def easy plug and play. Remove right panel, locate plug, unplug, plug FatDuc in, secure it to frame, re-install panel and instantly feel the benefits. It does actually smooth out on-off throttle response.

Registered
looked it up! Awesome mod for mega cheap... I'm going to be getting a full exhaust and custom tune though so probably will hold off. Might have to check it out just for the meantime though :D looks pretty nice!

Registered
I was asking because I didn't see it on the compatibility list.
I was hoping there was possibly a workaround or something to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

Registered
I was just going to post as reading around a bit more I have come to that conclusion. :)
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

Registered
No worries. They will be worth it to you. I farted around with gearing to make my 848 easier to ride around at lower speeds and rpm's and all I succeeded in doing was alter the speed at which it farted around. Finally broke down and bought the FatDuc off a forum member and wish I'd done it years ago.

Registered
It is def easy plug and play. Remove right panel, locate plug, unplug, plug FatDuc in, secure it to frame, re-install panel and instantly feel the benefits. It does actually smooth out on-off throttle response.
FWIW, I was already running a flashed DP ECU that resolves the fuelling issue when I added the 14T - I noticed a positive difference adding the 14T front sprocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts