Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all from a first time Ducati owner. Finally picked up my 1098 this past Saturday. Was #3 deposit for a base model at local Orlando dealer. First 2 came in last week of Feb first week in March and then they didn't get another for a month. Torture!

Anyway, bike is sweet. . . absolutely stunning to look at and a great ride. . . at least once I can take the revs about 5500. Was just about to buy a new 1000RR last fall (to feed my mid-life crisis) :) when I saw the 1098 article in MotorCyclist magazine and had to have it. Definitely worth the wait!

As for stalling issue. . . yep, it stalled twice on the way home from the dealer but started right back up each time. Ridden about 50 miles since then and no more stalls but. . . based on other's experiences I'm sure it will happen again.

Have attached a few pics. . . Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice! whats the go with the exhaust?

Bike looks sweet mate.. Whats the go with the exhaust? you have a standard with a carbon can? Is that an option?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard.
What's up with with the black anodized "S" cans? Did the dealer give you a swap?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was able to pick up some black cans that were taken off a new "S" to put on a full Termi system. Didn't really want to go the $'s for the Termi's but really like the look of the darker cans. Highly recommend the swap if you can find them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
cmh1098 said:
Was able to pick up some black cans that were taken off a new "S" to put on a full Termi system. Didn't really want to go the $'s for the Termi's but really like the look of the darker cans. Highly recommend the swap if you can find them.
The dark cans make the bike look a lot nicer than stock grey, did you manage to changed them for free?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not quite. $200 for the cans off of eBay and $100 for dealer to make the swap during bike prep.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Yeah I was confussed on the exhaust as well but I agree, the bike looks better with the black cans however I plan on getting some sorta slip-on so I can live with it till then.

Jason

·
Registered
547 Posts
cmh1098 said:
Not quite. $200 for the cans off of eBay and $100 for dealer to make the swap during bike prep.

Those cans take 5min to install, you really paid your dealler $100? :eek:
I'd hate to see what they charge for a full kit install.
they do look nice though

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Cheap service

Desmo Duc said:
Those cans take 5min to install, you really paid your dealler $100? I'd hate to see what they charge for a full kit install.
It's all part of the new Ducati "reduced maintenance costs" endeavor. How can they do it so cheap?

Elton

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Desmo Duc said:
Those cans take 5min to install, you really paid your dealler $100? :eek:
I'd hate to see what they charge for a full kit install.
they do look nice though
Yep, I know I got screwed. They actually wanted more. . . a full 2 hours of labor ($160) but I said forget it. Was not going to do it even for the $100 but went ahead and let them do at the last minute just to be done with it.

Almost didn't get the bike at all as they tried to hit me with a $2,500 "premium market adjustment" even though my contract was for MSRP. Made excuse about change in management, new policy, blah, blah, blah. . . Was on my way out the door when they changed their minds and decided to honor their contract for MSRP. Slimy dealer but their the only option for Ducati in town.

·
Registered
547 Posts
cmh1098 said:
Yep, I know I got screwed. They actually wanted more. . . a full 2 hours of labor ($160) but I said forget it. Was not going to do it even for the $100 but went ahead and let them do at the last minute just to be done with it.

Almost didn't get the bike at all as they tried to hit me with a $2,500 "premium market adjustment" even though my contract was for MSRP. Made excuse about change in management, new policy, blah, blah, blah. . . Was on my way out the door when they changed their minds and decided to honor their contract for MSRP. Slimy dealer but their the only option for Ducati in town.
I would look for another dealer for future purchases that wouldnt :jerkoff: me off.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Yeah, congrats! The cans threw me for a loop too until I read the entire thread. Drop that dealer and take longer rides to the next one...:bandit:

·
Registered
370 Posts
cmh1098 said:

Which deal is this so I know who to avoid?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ansman said:
Which deal is this so I know who to avoid?
Dealer is Cycle Riders in Longwood, FL. They are the only Ducati dealer in the Orlando area so probably figure they can get away with this crap. Won't be doing business with them again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts