Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just gonna repost my intro thread from the 'other' forums (dunno if there's tension there, I'm just playing it safe :p ). Anyway...

Hello everyone, my name is Sean. I've been the proud owner of a 1999 Ducati 996 for a few years now. Decided to hop on some forums to pick your guys brains for help with my tech problems, but that'll be for another thread!

So I purchased my 996 about 5-6 years ago. Bought it with less than 3000 miles, and it still has less than 6k. Needless to say, I baby it, but also it's too damn hot to ride half the year here in AZ :p

The bike has HID heads, LED tails/blinkers, carbon fiber tidbits here and there, along with the single injector mod, a chipped ECU, and a LeoVinci exhaust. The exhuast is probably my favorite item on the bike, because as you may have noticed I spelt it "Vinci" instead of "Vince". At first, I thought it was a knockoff (albeit a very well made knockoff), but I couldn't find anything similar online. So I decided to go ahead and email customer support at LeoVince, inquiring about it. They replied that it was indeed a genuine LeoVince exhaust, however, it was made before they changed the spelling of their company. The name change was due to a lawsuite by an Italian trucking company called "Leo Vinci".

Anyway, enough babbling. Here's the bike from a while back, it's currently in pieces right now.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Here's the bike from a while back, it's currently in pieces right now.
Great bike.. hard to find them in good condition

BTW is the bike in pieces due upgrades or service?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts